Marriage Proposal @ TOR

Recent session I had at the Top of The Rock @ Rockefeller Center. The client hired me in secret and he'd hope she'd say "Yes".

Just before sunset, gloomy, foggy setting. D300, 17-55mm & SB-900 flash.

p53165980-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p272945961-5.jpg

p249561709-5.jpg

p139254464-4.jpg

p23475936-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Tony Admana
Awesome place to propose marriage. But what's up with her dress on pic no.1, it looks like there's something trapped in the back of her dress.

Great set!

Awesome place to propose marriage. But what's up with her dress on pic no.1, it looks like there's something trapped in the back of her dress.

My mistake there. Her coat was hanging on the railing and that blue bag was on the floor. I should've had those removed.

4 & 5 are really nice!

Wonderful photos.

Great shots! You did well - and so did he!

I'd like to see the first one in B&W - I think it would look good too :smile:

Thanks everyone :smile:

Is there anything in the above photos that you would've done differently?

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Great set, Dez!

In #1, you've already identified the jacket on the railing and the blue bag. I think those should have been removed.

#2 is fine; I would have liked to have seen more of the ring, perhaps, turned towards the camera.

#3 My favorite. I think the sign behind her back was a great touch.

#4 Also nice, but I wish I could have seen the ring.

#5 Hmmm...can't put my finger on this one. It's nice, but it's not my fav. Have to think on this one for a bit.

Overall, though, I think your clients are going to be quite pleased with these!!

Nice set Dez

Thanks

Great set, Dez!

In #1, you've already identified the jacket on the railing and the blue bag. I think those should have been removed.

#2 is fine; I would have liked to have seen more of the ring, perhaps, turned towards the camera.

#3 My favorite. I think the sign behind her back was a great touch.

#4 Also nice, but I wish I could have seen the ring.

#5 Hmmm...can't put my finger on this one. It's nice, but it's not my fav. Have to think on this one for a bit.

Overall, though, I think your clients are going to be quite pleased with these!!

Thanks for the critiques Lyndee :biggrin:

Great series, Dez. I remember the Top of the Rock fondly! :Love: Great place for a proposal.

It sure was. It was my 1st time there as well. I hope to go back up on a clearer day.

# 4 is my favorite one, nice work!

Thanks.

I probably don't do this often enough, so I'll take a stab also -

#1 - While I definitely see the argument, to me the coat and bag help convey the story - they make it less staged and more "in the moment". Some seperation between her and the coat it would help.

#2 - I agree with Lyndee that it would have been better if the ring was turned more toward the camera and I would have framed it with the hands higher and the tower in the background more to the left.

#3 & 4 - Again, lyndee nailed it

#5 - Maybe shot from a higher angle so that more of the city is showing and with a very small pop of a flash from below the camera to give them a touch more detail.

All said though, it is a great set and they will no doubt love them.

I probably don't do this often enough, so I'll take a stab also -

#1 - While I definitely see the argument, to me the coat and bag help convey the story - they make it less staged and more "in the moment". Some seperation between her and the coat it would help.

#2 - I agree with Lyndee that it would have been better if the ring was turned more toward the camera and I would have framed it with the hands higher and the tower in the background more to the left.

#3 & 4 - Again, lyndee nailed it

#5 - Maybe shot from a higher angle so that more of the city is showing and with a very small pop of a flash from below the camera to give them a touch more detail.

All said though, it is a great set and they will no doubt love them.

Thanks for the critique Chad. The bag & the coat bothered me, after the fact. Agree with you and Lyndee on turning of the ring.

As for the last shot. I was going for the silhouette effect and wanted little detail on the couple. They were sitting inside on a window frame.

Lovely set! Sign in the fiance's hand made me smile. She'll treasure these photos forever - I hope!

I hope too :smile: thanks!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom