Marsh Wren

Discussion in 'Birds' started by SSchex, Dec 22, 2005.

1. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Took this Marsh Wren today. 70-200 VR and 1.7 TC. This is a 100% crop. I was about 10 feet away. Comments and critiques welcome.

original.

2. Great shot Scott. I can't believe how close you got to this guy. We have Marsh Wrens up here, but I can never get them out in the open to get a clear shot. Beautiful pose in this one with the tail fanned like that. My only minor comment would be that the lighting is a tad harsh. You might be able to calm that down a bit in PS.

Cheers

Tim

3. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Thanks for the comments, Tim. I took this around 11 am. I know this is not the best light, but it was the only time I had to shoot. Most of my shots of these wrens were a little blurry from the birds constantly moving. This was the best of them.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Up close and personal for sure.

Nice detail. Pretty little bird.

5. This species is not easily captured. you have done an OUTSTANDING job with this image! super sharp, great detail throughout. VERY impressive work.
    I am going out tommorrow am to the swamp behind my house and try to get some good songbird images.
    Dave

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice shot Scott. I too am amazed at how close you were able to get. Were you shooting from a blind?

7. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Thanks to all for the comments. Flew, I took this from my truck.