1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Marshall Tucker Band

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by kgilby, Sep 5, 2008.

1. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    We went to a Marshall Tucker Band concert last week at a small, local venue. There's only 2 original band members left, but they still had the old sound. I took the 70-200 along and here are a few shots. I am still not getting my exposures right, but there will be more concerts to come...

The rest can be seen here:
    http://www.pbase.com/kgilbertsen/marshall_tucker&page=all

2. Nice shots of a great old band. I know Toy Caldwell is no longer with them, but who are the original two you refer to?

mark

3. Really like the first one.

4. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Mark,
    Toy and Tommy Caldwell are both dead, as is George McCorkle. Doug Gray is still in the band, photo #3. I thought he was the only long-time member left, but someone at the concert said the bass guitarist, Pat Elwood, has also been around forever. I did a little searching around after your post, and think he's only been in the band since 2004. The flutist, David Muse, a founding member of Firefall, has been in and out of the band since 1996, and Doug's nephew, Clay Cook, in the band since 2000, plays lead guitar and does vocals. (He does a fantastic job of replicating the old MT sound.) I think the drummer is B.B. Borden, who played with Molly Hatchet and the Outlaws; he's been with the band since 1996. There was another guitarist with the band for this concert, a local Chicago area guy who I think was just filling in for the night.
    Thanks for commenting.

Ken

5. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks RLP.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.