1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Martha's Vineyard

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by kellog, Aug 20, 2008.

1. kellog

kellog

Jun 22, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Just got back from vacation and thought I'd share some of the shots that I've had a chance to pp. Great group of photographers here so I'd like to ask for some honest cc. I know some of the shots may appear too saturated but I purposely applied higher saturation. Let me know your thought on those as well.
    Thanks in advance
    Kelly
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/8160279@N04/sets/72157606711502030/

2. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Excellent.

3. Beautiful set of images! I have no problem with your saturation choices, but I tend to like saturated colors. The little boy with the shovel is priceless. Gorgeous set. No critique from me, just enjoyment. Thanks. BTW, i was born in Pittsfield, Ma, and grew up til age 14 in Foxboro. Will visit again soon, I hope.

4. Kelly, nice set of images...sometimes it's easy to forget this is in our 'backyard'. Where on the Vineyard did you actually stay?

Did you know about boston.com's new "RAW" area for amateur photogs? They've got an August contest going on right now, the theme is 'beach', and I'd say you've got some good candidates...you can only submit one.

5. pr549f2678

pr549f2678

Jun 26, 2007
    central Fl
    Kelly,

Loved the slideshow, it was great, thanks for sharing your vacation with
    us. Did you just use one lens or several?

Thanks again,
    Phil............:smile:

6. Jackoc

Jackoc Guest

Thanks for sharing. Good eye for detail and color. Stop back in and show us more of your skills with the camera.

7. looks great,fun family vacation

8. chandler

chandler

Oct 21, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    very nice images...you ar making good use of your D50 :) 

9. very nice series of images
    one suggestion to you:

please pick out your 5 or 10 favorite images and post them DIRECTLY HERE

more folks will see them
    folks like embedded images more than links to see them elsewhere
    i want more folks to enjoy your good work

10. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    I like the saturation, especially the red boat; the harpooner, Vineyard Haven, Lucy Vincent Beach, family shots, gosh, can't pick all as favorites, really very nice images.

11. I watched a slideshow of your vacation photos. You have an amazing talent. I love the post processing. Sure makes me want to go to Martha's Vineyard. I love your eye for the unique details.

12. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Just beautiful stuff - thanks for sharing.

13. Just looked again. Have to say, your images are a clinic on composition. Great set. Thanks a second time.......

14. Looking at the white balance, exposure, sharpness and composition they are all very nice pictures Kelly. Thanks for sharing.

Gert-Jan

15. very nice!

16. Gandalf

Gandalf

Nov 15, 2006
    Arkansas
    Great shots! I like the saturated colors. My two favorites are the shovels, and the umbrella.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.