Maryland Ren Fest - Sunday Sept 21 - anyone going?

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Vienna Pics, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Last minute decision - is anyone going to the Ren Fest Sunday? 9/21.

We plan to leave Vienna around 1:00PM.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2008
  2. Yes. We'll leave around noon. See you at the 2:00 pm joust if you hurry; they've shortened the program to about 25 minutes. I'll have a grand daughter and her mommy in tow. Sunday is 21 Sept.

Connie?

Rich

3. Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow as I've already got another commitment. Darn it, because I still haven't gotten to RenFest this year and I know the weather will be just great tomorrow!

4. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Alright - see you there Rich - maybe next time Connie - this is a great place to see multiple times.

5. I went to the Renfest yesterday...nice day for it! Got some photo ops in but not alot ops because I was walking around with friends who are all non-photographers.

I will probably return to Renfest on Oct 12 for ASL Day (sign language interpreted events for the deaf that day).

Laura

6. dlroberts

dlroberts

May 25, 2007
    Maryland
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2008
  7. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    We went Sunday - saw the 2, 4 & 6:00 jousts. Didn't seem have as many photo ops as last year for the other stuff. Always fun and the kids liked it again.

8. Sorry we missed you. I went with daughter-in-law and her sister and three grand daughters...all they did was go into each shop. Sigh! I took about 20 pictures; mostly of them shopping.

There are fewer and fewer attractions each year. Maybe they need a new creative director or something. The jousting has been trimmed in content. Still haven't seen the aerialsts there although the rigging is set up; even the Mother Goose lady was absent yesterday. This will likely be my last season ticket purchase. Difficult to justify the $80.00 for less and less.

Rich

9. I thought wistfully of you guys yesterday out there on that beautiful day having fun at the RenFest while I was unfortunately indoors most of the afternoon.... I hope that before it's finished for the season that I'll get out there!

10. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Sorry to miss you Rich - We were there 1:15 - 6:30. The aerialists were there - they gave an 'interesting' performance - what you read into that statement is probably true.... it was a different group and they were more vocal than aerial - jumping around and well, that's enough. The bubble guy said the air pressure was low so his bubbles were not coming out... any yes I thought there was less to shoot this year but more concession stands. I think I would like to try the Penna Ren Fest next. Never saw the King's Court except at one joust - 6:00 and poor King Henry kept yelling at some folks getting too close to the fence, again, and again, and again. It was nice weather.

11. doobes

doobes

Aug 15, 2006
    Reston, VA
    Interesting. My wife and I went to the Maryland Ren Fest for the first time last year after attending the fest in Hammond, LA for many years in row when we lived in New Orleans.

We found the entertainment in Maryland to be decidedly lower caliber and quantity to what we were used to seeing. Add to this the significant crowds and it was a somewhat disappointing experience. We will probably go next weekend but if it's not better, we will find other Ren Fests to visit in the future.

It's unfortunate as we really enjoy Ren Fests and look forward to them all year.....

chris