Maryland Renaissance Festival

The Renn Fair is running every weekend from August 29th through October 25th in Crownsville, MD. Speaking from experience, it's much better to go after mid-September when the weather cools off a bit. Details are here www.rennfest.com

I make it a point to go every year. Usually once with my kids, once without. It's a different experience when it's just the adults. :biggrin:

I go four or five times every year. I might go Saturday just to see what's going on the first day. Of late it's been declining in variety..other than the revenue generating sales stands.

Maryland Renaissance Festival

MARYLAND RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL: Hear ye, hear ye, it's time once again to drink mead, feast on food on sticks and flaunt your best chain mail. Surely, we joust on the festival grounds in Crownsville Saturdays, Sundays and Labor Day Monday through Oct. 25, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Go to http://www.rennfest.com

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's awesome, Dave! Were you there Sunday, and did you get rained on? I live just a couple of miles up the street and we got slammed with a big rainstorm. Funny, because it was lovely and sunny even as the rain started to come down, and someone I know who lives in Davidsonville, just a few more miles down the road, didn't get a bit of rain.

Sunday

I was lucky and picked Saturday to go. I also live just a couple miles from the Renn Fest and drove to Annapolis on 178 during the worst of the storm. Cars were parked on the side of the road on 97 waiting out the storm (I took 178 to bypass the traffic jam). Just about a mile south of the Renn Fest intersection the rain stopped -- same way coming back an hour later (in reverse).

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Minnesota Renaisance Festival has been on since Aug 22nd and goes until Oct. 4th this year. For those that are not aware, The MNRF is one of the largest in the US and is a great place to photograph. I try to get out at least a couple of times a year and already have been out once so far.
But...This is the first year(after going for almost thirty years) that I was stopped be security for shooting children. Seemed a parent complained that a photographer with a "big" lens was following children around. Turned out to be nothing, but was wondering if anyone else had come up against this?

That image was from a prior year Janet. Just one that I like. I haven't been to the Renaissance Festival yet this year. Tentatively going with my wife on Sunday, September 20th.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it there sometime this month. It would be the first time I've missed it in years if I'm not able to go.

I'm going, along with whoever else wants to join me (I've invited a number of friends, don't know who's showing up yet) on Sunday, October 18th. Mainly because it's Scottish weekend and because Albannach will be there, they're terrific, and have to be seen in person to be truly appreciated.

I went to the MD Renfest this past Saturday. Very good weather! I was the designated driver for my friends so I didn't get to enjoy the hardcore apple cider this time. Only brought along my Canon G10 p&s.

I hope to go back with my D300 soon.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom