MASS: King Richard's Faire

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by BostonRott, Aug 28, 2008.

1. The 27th season of KRF is kicking off this weekend, opening on 8/30 at its site on Rte 58 in Carver, MA.

Fair runs Saturdays & Sundays, Aug 30 - Oct 19th from 10:30a - 6p.

Admission $25/14

508-866-2311

http://kingrichardsfaire.net

2. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    If anyone is curious I went there 5 years ago when I had an Olympus 740 point and shoot. It is a fun event.
    Here are some images from then.

3. Oh cool, thanks for sharing Allan! :smile: I've never been, was toying with the idea of attending.

4. same here Gretchen, haven't made it yet myself.

BTW, check the Globe, there's usually discount coupons in the A&E section, especially towards the weekend.

5. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    They have a discount coupon on their website, $3 I think for the opening weekend. $25 seems a little steep, the NY fair was $20, SCT was $15, CT(Hebron) upcoming is $18. Guess it's the location....

6. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Nice shots Allan, were you in a public area? I'm finding I like a very low shooting position. (For anyone going, this image is what I mean, I was sitting on the ground, camera height was maybe 3'.)
    100851586.gif
    From the SCT fair this past July, D300 w/70-200VR

7. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    I just walked around. I *think* the jousts were from stands.
    The biggest problems were telephone wires and microphones on some actors.

8. smodak

smodak

Jun 11, 2007
    Franklin MA US
    For those who have been to the fair

What kind of gear would make sense (focal length. tripod etc.) I am planning to go there tomorrow and any help is greatly appreciated.