Master of Disguise

It has been a great season with Screech Owls. I have been fortunate enough to have photographed several nests this year. They started nesting as early as December and I still have a two more nests. This is by far the best cavity that I have ever photographed.
1Dx, 200-400L, 1/200, f/8, ISO1600, Fill Flash, Manual

_TLP9851-copy-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

R

Richard Jones

Great photo and wonderful subject. I like your eye, you could have gone very tight but you saw the value in the camouflage of the owl. The wider shot tells more and is a fabulous comp. When I was a twelve year old, I would visit my aunts farm in Wales. There was an ancient oak that was hollow and so big I could crawl inside. There was an owl in residence and it would just look at me and was not at all threatened, I spent many hours visiting that owl and still have vivid images fifty eight years later.

Great photo and wonderful subject. I like your eye, you could have gone very tight but you saw the value in the camouflage of the owl. The wider shot tells more and is a fabulous comp. When I was a twelve year old, I would visit my aunts farm in Wales. There was an ancient oak that was hollow and so big I could crawl inside. There was an owl in residence and it would just look at me and was not at all threatened, I spent many hours visiting that owl and still have vivid images fifty eight years later.

Richard, I have gone wider also but too much distracting elements. Let's just say I fully used the zoom feature for this nest. :)
Imagine how much more fun if you see the same tree again with another owl?
Thank you.

Real Name
Luis Casals
Troy, this image is really good, I love it. Very cool and unique finding. I on the other hand have not been able to do hardly any shooting this season. Baby has given us a lot of work.

Latest threads

Top Bottom