1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Mating Black Skimmers

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bobbyv, May 15, 2019.

1. Anastasia Island, FL this morning before work. Last year there were chicks running around until August in case anyone is interested in shooting this colony. I just got a tc2III to get a little more focal length than the 200-500VR. Put the tc on a D500/300 2.8VR and shot a few at first light.
    1693z.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  2. Not only is this an amazing capture, Bobby, but you caught it before work! Just a great shot!

3. Thanks, and I wasn't even late.

4. Great find, great capture, great light!

5. Great capture with the peak of the action.....

6. Wow! Nice mating shot!

7. Very cool.
    But I have a question, what is this "work" thing y'all mention? :D :p :cool: 

8. what a cool pic, he's so happy he could fly...................

9. Thanks Allan. I'm ok with the 2.0tc on the 300 2.8VR but tomorrow I'm going back to the 200-500VR to compare. These birds, nests, chicks etc. will be here for another two months.

10. It's crazy. I go to St. Augustine City Hall from about 8 until around 5, then they give me money. (Actually, in 4 years I'll be DONE.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.