Matt and Matt Boys LAX

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, May 22, 2007.

1. On Sunday I had to shoot 9 games at all day tournament, the first game was my favorite it was the 3rd grade boys, these guys are cute as heck to shot.
    While shooting on the sideline and talking to a parent I was asking her about these two boys on the one team, one boy was a good 6-8 inches shorter than any of the others and the other was a good 4 inches and 25 pounds bigger than any of the others.
    The lady laughed and told me that was Matt and Matt and they are always the talk of the sidelines when they play.
    Funny thing in watching them play the little guy was a go getter always chasing the ball, sticking his nose in the pile and not letting his size deter him at all. The other boy was more of a gentle giant just leisurely taking the Ball up the field as all the defenders would check him and bounce of to the ground.
    Well here are Matt and Matt, all shots with the D2X and the 300 2.8 with 1.4 tele
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    So I have to ask mike..how many batteries and how many memory cards:biggrin::biggrin: 9 games in one day..oye:eek:

Love that 300 2.8 VR mmm simply amazing. Not your typical action shots mike but I enjoy these especially #2

3. Love the size of the jersey in shot #4

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nine games in a day.....wow! With images as wonderful as these, I'm wondering if Jon is pondering the purchase of a nicer home on a lake. You are obviously a huge addition to Jon and his business.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Frank you are right. Jon has the best for sure.
    Great shots Mike

6. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Awesome Mike...They look as if those kids could reach out and slap me
    with those long sticks...ha ha

7. superb (i'm running out of words)

8. Thanks all for the kind words. I found the little guy just too cute it was hard not to keep shooting him.

9. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Wonderful images....as usual!

10. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

wow ..... fantastic mike..!

11. Mike awesome...hits close to home!

I played LAX in college...I'm 5'7" (on a good day with a tailwind), maybe 140lbs. I got routinely punished while playing...although I was on the team for 2 years, I probably only had 30 minutes of total playing time...3 separated left shoulders, 2 separated right shoulders, 1 broken collar bone, too many sprains, twists, and bruises to remember...

But I did get a lot of dates out of it...so it was worth it...