Matt Wertz Concert

Discussion in 'People' started by bep207, Apr 26, 2007.

1. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    I've decided I should start sharing some photos.
    I am definitely open to any criticism you can throw at me.
    This was at a concert at my school. The artist is named Matt Wertz, he is from Liberty, Missouri and is fairly new but has some great music. Check him out at www.mattwertz.com

All of these were shot in manual mode, the aperture was mostly 2.8 since it was outdoors at night with decent stage lighting. Shutter speed varied, but I tried to keep it over 1/80s, while still keeping the ISO below 640
    I was using my D80 with 80-200 f/2.8 on a monopod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think and what I can improve on
    Blake

2. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    All are nice except #1 where he is facing away from the camera. Pictures #2,3,4 would be improved if his eyes were open. Artists love to close their eyes, but open eyes make better images most of the time. Try shooting in aperture priority mode at f/2.8, exp comp +1, spot metered on the face. That will help keep the eyes sharply focused and give you the fastest shutter speed that retains proper exposure for light skin. If the artist has dark skin, use exp comp 0, or possibly -1, depending on what the histogram tells you. I use ISO 640 and 800 on my D200 all the time for concert photography and the noise is very low - well within tolerance for publication.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.