1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Matte Option available on 15" MBP

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Mason, Aug 11, 2009.

1. I was holding out for the October 2008 refresh to make the move to a Mac. I was peeved at the glossy only display option on the MacBook Pros. I even signed one of those online petitions saying I wouldn’t buy until the brought back matte. I caved…bought a 15” last November and love it. I just caved again and order a 24” LED display when the refurbs dropped $100…it arrives today.

On one hand I think, “I should have waited….now I’m going to have glossy + glossy”. Then I think, “at least they will match :biggrin:”

Rant off. I am glad that the matte option is back.

2. Cliff3

Cliff3

Apr 23, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I am glad they saw the light. My MBP is due for replacement early next year, and I didn't want to deal with either replacing the screen via TechRestore, or covering it with some sort of film.

3. fao91

fao91

Jan 13, 2006
    Cascais,Portugal
    Well..i was in the same boat last year.
    When i saw that there was no option for a mate display,i went and bought the "old" version.
    Glad they brought back the mate screen.

4. menos

menos

Nov 11, 2008
    Shanghai
    The old version rocks!
    Apple messing up the new MBP in so many instances, while increasing actual computing power only marginally makes me feel really, really comfortable with my buy of an "obsolete" early 2008 MBP.

Actually the difference in handling between these machines would make me not think twice, to grab an old model today over the new MBP anytime.

You just have more options with the old one.

Trying to press through a glossy only screen option in the top segment lap top market, aimed at professional users has made for a good laugh though.

Tools must be designed after usability first, design and aesthetics follow closely - every student in technical engineering learns this, starting her/his education. Apple recently has deviated from this most important rule in favour of a cleaner design quite aggressively.

5. I was ecstatic to hear the news even though I wasn't planning to buy a laptop for at least another year since I just picked up a mac pro. I was afraid they would stick with glossy for a very long time. I went to the local apple store and both me and my girlfriend thought it was horrible how the ceiling lights were perfectly reflecting themselves on the screen, thus making almost everything unreadable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.