Mattituck Fishing Trip Results!

catch.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Our good family friend invited us over to go on a fishing trip on his Osprey.

We originally went out to catch Scup (Porgy), because they're easy to catch and it tastes great, but we ran into a school of Bluefish and we immediately grabbed our Yo-Zuri lures and had a blast. Bluefish aren't known for taste, but they're known as ferocious fighters in the Sea. It was even better catching them with light tackle with 15lb test line.

That picture, though it looks like a small amount of fish contains 18 Bluefish, 14Scup, and 1 Weakfish. We also caught two small sharks, many underlimit scup, a knucklehead and a sea robin.

Overall a fun trip!

Looks like a great day on the water, Chong. I haven't wet a hook in years, but I have had some great outings on Lake Erie with the guys from work. Seeing your cooler brings back some nice memories of days gone by!

faenix said:

Overall a fun trip!

First off, after chasing and photographing Osprey this year, I didn't think any of them were nearly big enough to hold you, let along other friends. Second, why are you keeping all of the fish the Osprey caught? They have to feed the chicks you know.

Oh, wait, you mean 'Osprey the Boat' not 'Osprey the Bird', oh, geez, silly-old-me :wink:

Haven't seen a Sea Robin in years and years, not since my last vacation in Mass., which was probably mid-'60s. Ugly little buggers, not good for much as I recall either. Looks like you folks had a good dinner or three, eh?????

Retief said:
faenix said:

Overall a fun trip!

First off, after chasing and photographing Osprey this year, I didn't think any of them were nearly big enough to hold you, let along other friends. Second, why are you keeping all of the fish the Osprey caught? They have to feed the chicks you know.

Oh, wait, you mean 'Osprey the Boat' not 'Osprey the Bird', oh, geez, silly-old-me :wink:

Haven't seen a Sea Robin in years and years, not since my last vacation in Mass., which was probably mid-'60s. Ugly little buggers, not good for much as I recall either. Looks like you folks had a good dinner or three, eh?????

Ah, more like a dinner for twenty. :)

Yes, they are ferocious fighters. Used to catch them myself.. Jacks are also good fighters.

You have to bleed them as soon as cought to get that bad taste out..I believe soake in milk if I remember correctly.. Tricky fish to prepare.

Great catch for the day and nice image as well...

Thank You.....

Great catch, and like photgraphy, for some of us half the fun is in catching them. Be it "the shot or the fish"

Nice haul, looks like the fishing was very good! :shock:

I love it out east, about 20miles from me. Problem is in the summer it is way too crowded but still fun.

Latest threads

Top Bottom