MawMaw Penn

Discussion in 'People' started by PGB, Sep 25, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    There is something to be said for elderly ladies. They pull no punches and tell you like it is. At 91 this lady is still going pretty strong. She has had a busy and rough life. Outliving two of her three children has probably been the hardest and most difficult part of her life. She has seen two World Wars, many Presidents, numerous tornadoes, and her share of long gone daytime television shows.

She says that "God has a plan for her and she is doing the best she can..." Lately due to health she has had to stop some of her normal activities. Sunday, she would drive herself to Church in her 1966 Chevrolet Nova, which has only 12000 miles on it. She now has to rely on friends and family to see to her driving needs. She loves to have company and talk about the past and the present and to speak her mind whether you like what she has to say or not.

A simple woman

[​IMG]

Time is all I have

[​IMG]

2. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I like those images. You really caught the soul of that lady. Hard to believe that she is 91. I especially like the second shot.

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thank you Torben. She is a special woman and I love her dearly.

Thank you for the reply.

4. A beautiful lady and a great philosophy. Thanks for sharing this image, it came at a poignant moment as my mother-in-law, who has lived with us for the last 12 years, died peacefully last night. She too lived a full life. You have taken a nice image of her in the chair.

5. In my opinion, always our most precious citizens. Very nice job capturing her in images.

I am reminded of my great grandmother Petersen, who at 96 lived on her own and raised heck whenever she could. We shared the same birthday, so I saw her very regularly. I still go back to the tiny town home she lived in back in Philadelphia when I am there. My father's mother was the same personality, and a pure joy to spend time with.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice images and story, Patrick. It is sad to see the aging process take away the independence of our seniors. Thankfully, it sounds as though she is surrounded by family and friends who will help provide for her needs. A beautiful lady.....

7. lovely images, loving story. God bless you both.
    Dave

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks everyone. She is special. Next time I'll try to get a picture of her car with her in it. Its very funny. :)

With Regards,