Max, Morning Light

5595380817_9503c2c2a3_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D3, 85f1.4G

Thanks Vinny and Steve. I bought the lens last week, it was sitting there and I asked, 'is that an 85 f1.4G???'. She said 'yes' and lit up her beautiful smile, she knew I was toast.:Love: I took it home and aside from the profile of her I shot in the store, I couldn't get anything in focus for the first two days. I shot a Chevy pick-up at 20 feet and it was all a sea of bokeh..:eek: I shot it on the D3, I shot it on the D7000 and all I got was front focus, front focus, front focus. I played with AF fine tune on both cameras, shot it on the D7000 against the Leica 135 f2.8 (which has better bokeh @ f2.8 BTW than the 85 at f1.4...). I was going to take it back monday...and now everything is in focus.:confused:

I've been between jobs for the last three weeks and me and that old dog have spent a lot of quality time together. It's going to be hard to leave him next monday when I return to the world of the working stiff. I can't get him out of the car now without a treat. He won't budge, he says 'where we going next dad!' He's been going so hard though, he doesn't exactly want to get out of bed in the morning either. When I picked his collar up off the floor that morning, he wouldn't even lift his head to slip it on. It wasn't until he heard the jangling of the camera strap that he knew (and he knows this sound very well) that it was lake time and that he should care.

Hey tim, that's a really interesting shot and story too.

I've just picked up an 85G tooa couple of weeks ago, but haven't had any of your difficulties with it fortunately.I'm trading out a lot of stuff at the moment, but this is going nowhere!

I hope you enjoy working again - its a shame that work exists really, why can't food and clothes and new lenses just appear at the end of the bed if you wish hard enough?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom