May 26th Sunset - Triple Planets

This, of course, implies that you live somewhere where you have a Snowballs Chance in You-Know-Where of SEEING the darned sunset. Current weather forecast around here is, well, this is Washington after all ........

Good luck to those of you with Good Weather, maybe I need to take a road trip ........

Thanks, Carole, for making me depressed ... :wink::wink:

Well, sunset is now 11:30 PM, and it never gets dark at "night".......sunrise is 3.5 hours after sunset, and the sun barely goes below the horizon.

I'll be on vacation in FL with all my gear :) any suggestions on how to get the shot!

Any beach on the gulf coast of Florida. Lido Beach might be the perfect spot as you are more likely to find a parking space. After sunset you can grab a few cold ones (or coffee) at one of the sidewalk cafes on Saint Armand Circle (only a couple of hundred feet away from the beach). A nice (but somewhat pricey) hotel to stay at is the Lido Beach Resort with a gulf/beach view room.

Any beach on the gulf coast of Florida. Lido Beach might be the perfect spot as you are more likely to find a parking space. After sunset you can grab a few cold ones (or coffee) at one of the sidewalk cafes on Saint Armand Circle (only a couple of hundred feet away from the beach). A nice (but somewhat pricey) hotel to stay at is the Lido Beach Resort with a gulf/beach view room.

THANKS!! I'm staying in Fort Myers so I think I know a good spot.

THANKS!! I'm staying in Fort Myers so I think I know a good spot.

Nice places to catch that sunset if in Fort Myers are Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel (Bowman Beach), Pine Island.

p.s. While in the Fort Myers area you can grab some nice wildlife shots at the J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge in Sanibel. There are also plenty of Bald Eagle, Osprey and Burrowing Owls nests throughout the Cape Coral area. Enjoy! :smile:

This, of course, implies that you live somewhere where you have a Snowballs Chance in You-Know-Where of SEEING the darned sunset. Current weather forecast around here is, well, this is Washington after all ........

Good luck to those of you with Good Weather, maybe I need to take a road trip ........

Thanks, Carole, for making me depressed ... :wink::wink:

Suppose to be sunny on Sunday ... over here in Port Orchard anyway. Will grab my tripod and 500mm. :smile:
Anyway, according to my software ... the planets will set around 10pm, so may be hard to see even if it's a cloudless night.

Overcast skies in N. Texas ruined any chance of seeing the triangle of planets.

Oh well, at least the rain from this last week helped a very dry spell in TX.

We didn't get to see it in Washington either. It was POURING all weekend and it's drizzling today. Maybe the sun will come back tomorrow :)

Carole

It's funny, Sunday night I was out driving just before sunset and on the horizon I saw 3 bright stars in the shape of a triangle and immediately thought of this thread. Had I been waiting and planning on seeing it I would have missed it for sure. It's funny how things work. I'm sure many people saw it and had no idea it was 3 planets and not stars.

Latest threads

Top Bottom