May have battery problem

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Catz, May 15, 2005.

1. I thought I would be one of those lucky few who would have no problems with the 'X'. Wow was I wrong. Now it seems like everything is a problem.

First I am having problems with the focusing with the 17-55 and 70-200VR. The auto focus is not as tack sharp as it was when I got it home. Now I have to manually focus in order to get a sharp picture. I'm having problems with the w/b. I took a picture of some kids under a tree in the shade and used the shade w/b but the picture came out on the dark side. So I just went to Auto and said the heck with it. Oh yeah, battery problem is another. It doesn't seem to last as long as Nikon has predicted.

Anyone have these problems with the exception of the focusing problem because I know many out there have this problem. It's the other problems that I am worrying about.

Thanks you much for any help.

2. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

Relax.
    First on the battery- bet you do not let it run down all the way.
    So calibrate it. Put it in the charger and push calibrate.
    About six hours.

Re your sharpness- set up on firm tripod set on mirror lock up-
    see what happens. If OK-then
    If you are like me old and shaky- I tend to let the center focus
    warble around and when I push the button I may be off the target.
    So I practice until I get it steady. If using VR, I let it warm up.
    I guess that I got careless- so now I know.

Now if you think that you are front or back focus, you can check this out.

http://md.co.za/d70/chart.html

Keep us posted.

Birger

Also increase your speed greatly.

3. Note there is a page in the setup menu that will tell you what the camera thinks of the battery's condition.

As Birger said it probably just needs to be calibrated.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    You do know that when you focus on something, it needs to be an object with some contrasting lines in it, so the focussing mechanism can work properly. Also, your WB setting had nothing to do with how dark your pics will ultimately look, it basically just sets the overall color cast for the shots.

6. Thank you everyone, I will calibrate the battery. I didn't know about this. I just put the battery into the charger and let it charge.

I know I need to use the tripod a lot more than I do. I just don't care to drag it in and out of the house. I usually keep it in the make shift studio I have.