May I kiss the Bride?

Discussion in 'People' started by PGB, Dec 22, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I had the opportunity to help shoot a wedding last weekend for Leigh's cousin. I was pretty nervous but had a lot of encouragement from Leigh and Paul aka Montydog. I was so worried about white balance, flash, etc. I did okay, and will print a few for the bride and groom. While processing some shots this one really struck me as a keeper, out of several hundred shots this is my favorite. I really blew it though and had to convert it to b/w for it to look even half way decent.

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas,

2. That' a great shot! definitely a keeper!

BTW: I had my first wedding this year ,too.
    (Well our wedding was way back...but the first to shoot!) :wink: :wink:

Handling these white dresses is really difficult. I have done some layer-work with a -1 to -2 exposure corrected versions of the picture to get some detail in the dresses. It sometimes made great difference.

Like in this one: http://www.pbase.com/mcschuster/image/46274515/original.jpg

Maybe you could try that, too?

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Wonderful shot Patrick! The pressure at a wedding shoot is pretty wild, eh? Exposure is often the last thing you think of! One thing I learned from working with Uncle Frank last month is that you go to the location BEFORE the wedding and predict your exposures. That way, you don't need to deal with them in the heat of the action.

As for the balck and whiteness of it - I think wedding photos look better in black and white. But that's just my prejudice. Like I said - your shot looks great!

4. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

That looks very good! How about posting the original?

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That is a great shot, Patrick. I am really enjoying B/W images more and more these days and this is a great capture. The innocence caught in the young man's face is priceless. Definately a keeper for sure!

6. Look great! and a really sweet picture too.

7. Great moment captured forever!

8. Great photo, Patrick.

The young man looks like he is saying, "Aw shucks, Ma'am."

9. Excellent Patrick! I am sure they they will love it..

10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

11. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Patrick,

That is an incredible shot, great capture.

I really like the black and white of this image, I think black and white is more striking than color for a lot of situations... this one included.

One other thing you could try, is converting the color to black and white as you have done, but leaving the color in the roses the bride is holding and any other color where appropriate and doesn't detract from the image.

12. I too shot my first this year and they are pressure packed but an adrenaline rush at the same time too. This looks great you captured what is importnat...the moment

13. Beautiful, and sweet.

14. Cute image Patrick, the family will love this one for years.