maybe you can tell this duck to act :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is what Peter wrote about the problem he has with these birds:

"I am almost about to give up going to see the ducks, they see me and say Oh ya - its him... HEY GUYs just lie around and do nothin!"

They do that to me to. Four of them at work. Prob shot 100 or more BAD pics of them. Can't seem to get it right.

Good image and glad to see you post an image.

Iliah, tell Peter that the problem is he keeps finding DECOY's, and they don't move much, in fact this is about the best you can ever get them to do unless you put them on a pond with a bit of wind waves. Tell Peter that the first thing he must do is to start photographing LIVE ducks, they are much more energetic.

Reminds me of a little ditty about a Parrot, done by some folks in his country with the name of a big snake, Python or something :wink: . Scene in a pet store, customer brings in a Parrot on a perch that looks about as energetic as this duck...

"But 'Ees DEAD, feet nailed to the Perch!" - Customer..

"No, 'Ees just pinin' for the Fjords" - Salesman

Sorry for both the very bad English written accent as well as the very poor paraphrasing of the Monty Python Parrot sketch :wink:

P

peterdove

Thanks guys and gals, just seen this, you're comments cheered me up no end! Dpr sucks

Peter

Iliah,

This is a good shot, and I too am glad to see you getting out from behind the keyboard and taking pics.

Peter,

This is our mission in life, to cheer up our fellow members. :lol:

Rather not disparage DPR though. Most of us left for good reasons, but I'd rather leave the bad experiences behind.

Thanks,

Frank

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Frank, That is Peter's shot. I think he vwas a bit disappointed not having a single feedback in 24 hours :)

I shoot so boring things mainly, like welding/soldering machines - no point in publishing those except in catalogues :)

Ah, now I understand a little better. Well, he will get responses here....;-)

Actually, I think that it it a pretty good pic.

Regards,

Frank

PS - Did you have a chance to put together the S / H replacement process that we discussed earlier?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Flew said:
Did you have a chance to put together the S / H replacement process that we discussed earlier?
Will take some time. Monday-Tusday, probably.

Iliah said:
Flew said:
Did you have a chance to put together the S / H replacement process that we discussed earlier?
Will take some time. Monday-Tusday, probably.
OK, no rush. In the meantime, tell Peter to cheer up, and to post some more shots. I've found that to be excellent therapy.... :lol:

Thanks,

Frank

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom