maybe you can tell this duck to act :)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Iliah, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    [​IMG]

This is what Peter wrote about the problem he has with these birds:

"I am almost about to give up going to see the ducks, they see me and say Oh ya - its him... HEY GUYs just lie around and do nothin!"

2. nicely done!

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Iliah

I think he's ummmmmm...sitting down on the job?

Is this with .988?

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They do that to me to. Four of them at work. Prob shot 100 or more BAD pics of them. Can't seem to get it right.

Good image and glad to see you post an image.

5. Well taken image in spite of the fact that he can't act.

6. Iliah, tell Peter that the problem is he keeps finding DECOY's, and they don't move much, in fact this is about the best you can ever get them to do unless you put them on a pond with a bit of wind waves. Tell Peter that the first thing he must do is to start photographing LIVE ducks, they are much more energetic.

Reminds me of a little ditty about a Parrot, done by some folks in his country with the name of a big snake, Python or something :wink: . Scene in a pet store, customer brings in a Parrot on a perch that looks about as energetic as this duck...

"But 'Ees DEAD, feet nailed to the Perch!" - Customer..

"No, 'Ees just pinin' for the Fjords" - Salesman

Sorry for both the very bad English written accent as well as the very poor paraphrasing of the Monty Python Parrot sketch :wink:

7. peterdove

peterdove Guest

Thanks guys and gals, just seen this, you're comments cheered me up no end! Dpr sucks

Peter

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Iliah,

This is a good shot, and I too am glad to see you getting out from behind the keyboard and taking pics.

Peter,

This is our mission in life, to cheer up our fellow members. :lol:

Rather not disparage DPR though. Most of us left for good reasons, but I'd rather leave the bad experiences behind.

Thanks,

Frank

9. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Frank, That is Peter's shot. I think he vwas a bit disappointed not having a single feedback in 24 hours :)

I shoot so boring things mainly, like welding/soldering machines - no point in publishing those except in catalogues :)

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Ah, now I understand a little better. Well, he will get responses here....;-)

Actually, I think that it it a pretty good pic.

Regards,

Frank

PS - Did you have a chance to put together the S / H replacement process that we discussed earlier?

11. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Will take some time. Monday-Tusday, probably.

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    OK, no rush. In the meantime, tell Peter to cheer up, and to post some more shots. I've found that to be excellent therapy.... :lol:

Thanks,

Frank

13. Very nice shot. :) :)