MB-D200, D200's Vertical Grip is True!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Panos Kazanelis, Oct 29, 2005.

1. I have to admit though, that I'm a little bit confused...
    The specs presented here, are much different from the ones we all saw on the flash presentation...
    CCD or CMOS...???
    AF with 9-cross or 1...???

...the grip...
    00191-05-nikon-d200.

...the specs...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2005
  2. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
  3. Are these real?

CMOS Sensor, that's new!
    9 cross type AF-Sensors
    build in Wireless Transmitter

That's all I want!

So now let's hope for a fast availability......

BTW: Panos what about our European get together, any progress?

4. D200: on Monday I might have some VERY HOT news... (and photos) :wink:

Very few people... I'll advertize it near Christmas again...

5. Panos,

are you sure of these specs?

5 fps - 18 Nefs/8fps - 26NEFs>>>>
    HS precision AF with 9 cross-type AF sensor>>>>>

With these specs, D200 will be a killer. I must take my leave now to be the 1st on my local dealer list!!!!!

Thanks for your effort to keep Cafe members informed.

6. Dao, that's why I state my confusion... It's a bit odd... :confused:

We're either all victims of the greatest hoax or Nikon is playing with our nerves... :Shocked:

7. Another "interesting" comment buried in those specs, Panos.

It refers to a 2 1/2" lcd monitor for flicker-free PREVIEW :confused: :confused: :confused:

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

9. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere

maybe "review", this "typo"/ translation error is consistent across several "leaks" from Nikon sites.

Image and histogram Preview is possible, but is limited to the secondary sensors. But then again, those secondary sensors used to have orders of magnitude less pixels then the announced LCD has :)

10. Callie

Callie Guest

Panos
    At least, my source was right on 10 MP and I believe the date too.
    Vertical Grip and remote will nearly make this a didgital F100 again, for me.
    Enjoy the trip to UK, and the "English Rose" you want to bring back.
    There are some additional specs on Nikonians website too. Everyone and his dog is trying to get to the low down and dirty on this D200. We have to wait with baited breath
    Enjoy the anticipation

11. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Panos,

Well, I'd had this forlorn hope that the MB-100 could be used on the D200, but that's not going to be the case I'd guess.

Darn.

OTOH, I'm now fully addicted to the vertical grip, but like the flexibility of shooting without it when I want to minimise the camera size, so I'll likely get an MB-200 anyway.

Assuming I get a D200 and not just buy up the market of used D100s now. :tongue:

John P.

12. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Time will tell......

Someone who would have knowledge on the D200 has just informed me that this spec page is indeed fake. I guess we will have to wait a few days :smile:

Regards

RFC

13. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Robert :

My local camera store was briefed by their Nikon rep and they had different info about the D200 as well. Their rep told them that the internet info was way off base, including such things as the resolution being 12MP, not 10+MP.

I would like the real thing to have a bit of compatibility with some older Nikon camera body gear, if that's at all possible.

As you say, we'll just have to see and then react appropriately, :Shocked: or :biggrin: as may be.

John P.

14. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    only three more days until nov 1st :biggrin: hopefully we'll get the specs by then.

re: mb-d200, i hope it fastens more securely to the body than the mb-d100 did. there was too much wiggle on my copy.

ricky

15. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    This image doesn't look like a good fit to me. It looks like those aftermarket vertical grips you can buy for the D-70. I hope the real grip has better lines and seats better against the body.

[​IMG]

16. Thank you gods of Nikon, my grip is a reality!!!!!!!

Hey is this a metal grip or is it cheapo plastic? Either way, as long as there is a voice recorder and vertical shutter, I will be on the list to buy this sucker. So stay-tuned, I'm gonna do the review on this bad boy D200, and push this sucker to the limit on the street. Though, some big cash flow is coming my way...maybe I should get a D2X!

17. I'll see if I can beat you to that review, Jonathan :tongue:. I know the sales manager of one of the giant etailers, and emailed him my order yesterday. I'm hoping to get high on the waiting list.

As far as the d2x/d200 choice is concerned, I'd think you might prefer the lighter body and smaller file sizes...

18. Has anyone seen an image of the D200 with the vertical grip attached next to a D2x for comaprison. It looks like they are about the same size and weight with this option attached. Does anyone know what this weight of the D200 with the grip attached?