MB-D200 Defect

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by mindspan, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Hi folks,
    So I opened my MB-D200 today to charge the batteries and both of them popped right out! It appears that both of the plastic clips that hold the batteries in against the spring failed at the same time. They've snapped right off at the point where they clip over the end of the battery.

I called my local camera store and they told me they've seen this before and to bring it in and they'd swap it out. That's great, but can I expect this to just happen again or have they changed their manufacture to fix this problem? Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. Well I just answered my own question -- I went to replace the MB-D200 and discovered that the new one has slightly wider tabs (not thicker). Not too sure how much difference this is going to make, but hopefully I won't have to go through this again in a year :smile:
  3. DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    my boss... who owns the camera shop i work at had the same problem... you're not alone, but hopefully the revised version will work better