1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

MD/DC area get togethers

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by StrongSportsPhotos, Mar 27, 2007.

1. With Spring upon us and the warm weather here, i've been thinking on coming out of hibernation to head west, as in Western MD around Frederick or a little past, to do some nature shooting.

Are there any groups already planning anything coming up? Anyone interested in a Saturday shoot/get together?

John

2. Great idea. I live in Frederick and Frederick County has many good photo ops. Three of the 6 covered bridges in MD are in Frederick County.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007
  3. Sounds great Mike!

Maybe we should put something together for a weekend maybe in May or June, post the plans here and see how many people we can entice to come out.

You know the area anyway, so perhaps you can suggest the hot spots.

John

4. I would suggest two possibilities:

1) A shoot in Frederick County, focusing on the covered bridges and or Sugarloaf. Anytime between now and whenever would work for me.

2) A weekend shoot during the spring migration near my condo on the Virginia Eastern Shore. The migration is beginning now and lasts until early June. I can't gaurantee great birding or bird shots, but I can promise great Eastern Shore style scenic photo ops, good food, and great golf on either an Arnold Palmer Signature course or a Jack Nicklaus Signature course. I am contemplating April 20-22 or May 18-20.

Your Comments Please!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.