Md Renaissance Fest - Jousting

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Rich Gibson, Aug 5, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

I'm looking forward to catching up with a group again this year.

Anyone up for Saturday the 23rd?

2. Count me in!

3. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Hi Folks:

I'll be there on the 24th... I'll see if I can swing the 23rd as well.

gassho,

Nacho

4. Me too..as long as it ain't too humid. Did always love going to the Renfest!

Don't know if I will go on the 23rd but definitely one of those weekends.

5. Oh my... I LOVE the Maryland Renaissance Festival.... I might have to wait till next year sadly. Without a car due to a car accident a little while ago... and money is tight... I really can't remember what the entrance fee was last year and if it's still the same or not. Renn Faires are my favorite festivals though.

6. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
  7. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
    The following recommendation was shared with me by a friend of mine:

The "not to miss" entertainment this year is Albannach (traditional and semi-traditional Celtic music) on October 11 & 12, and the Mediaeval Baebes (incredible, world-famous traditional and nearly traditional vocal music) on October 18 & 19.

Links:
    http://www.albannachmusic.com/
    http://www.mediaevalbaebes.com/

8. I'll be there on the 23rd right around opening. I figure that the first day will draw the most interesting attendees. Look for an old guy with a Nikon Cafe baseball cap carrying too much camera equipment.

9. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Rats! I'll be there the 24th, but I'd love to see the Medieval Baebes! Alas, I will be in Oregon in October.

Best,

N

10. So who'se going next Saturday?

211238615_o9zmV-L.jpg

11. Rich:

I'm planning on going and arriving at opening. See how many others decide to go, then we'll PM so we can meet up.

[​IMG]

12. Great! See you then.

13. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    I'm pretty sure I'll join you -- and thank goodness it looks like it's going to cool off a bit (high of 85).

211406700_d4EaC-L.jpg

14. Md 450 closed!

I just saw this at the site

Be careful because as of this morning when you go to directions they are wrong; they are the old directions. If you're coming from Va. take Rt 50 to Rt 32 instead (go to the directions page and print out the map)

http://rennfest.com/

Discount coupon and prices

http://rennfest.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=16

205773002_DDo7D-L.jpg

15. Luckily, I'm coming from the top side of 97 and take the Crownsville Road exit. I won't hit that mess!

So, who is going Saturday besides Rich, Kristin and myself?

[​IMG]

16. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    I probably am going to try to make it to Annapolis for sunrise anyway, so ditto on missing the mess...

I heard a maybe from one person via email last night, and a probably from someone else via phone, but since they're not posting yet, who knows? :smile: Another one of our newer members told me she attends every year in costume -- she told me she was going to check out the thread the other night, but I know she's really busy right now, so she may not be able to make it.

17. dlroberts

dlroberts

May 25, 2007
    Maryland
    Attendance

I'll be there in the afternoon -- my wife came up with some chores for me to finish first -- I live in Gambrills, just up the road from it so I go a couple of times a year. I ordered a D300 today, but it won't be here by Saturday, so I'll just have the D80. Look for a white-haired guy with a D80 hanging from a Nikon strap, probably with a 70-200.

18. KeithR

KeithR

Jun 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    Hey, another Faire! The Minnesota Renaissance opened last weekend and as I've done in the past I attended with gear in tow! I wish I could travel around and see/shoot other Faires, but that's not possible. But I do enjoy seeing images from others and see what other Faires are like. The opening for our Faire, however, was a sad affair as one half of our most endearing entertainment acts passed away the Monday before opening. I know that Puke & Snot performed at many Faires for over 30 years across the nation, but don't know if they appeared at your's. As the actor would have wanted it, the show went on. Didn't mean to hijack your posts and please except my apology if I did.

19. dlroberts

dlroberts

May 25, 2007
    Maryland
    Puke and Snot

I remember seeing Puke and Snot a few years ago at the Arizona Fair. The Maryland Fair lost its King Henry a while ago, but the Fair continues, as does real life.