1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

me in the garage

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Aug 29, 2008.

1. :eek: 

Inspired by Gretchen to try a shot of me in my garage. Please ignore my appearance. I'm still recovering from all of the comments about my hairy legs two months ago!

Self portraits are really tough.

361259954_J3o9p-L.

2. drdrew

drdrew

Dec 28, 2007
    missouri
    why in the garage?

3. drdrew

drdrew

Dec 28, 2007
    missouri
    okay never mind...i read a little and found all the cult garage portaitists!

4. Why not?

5. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

Mitch, looks like the AF picked up on your right ear ....hmm....throw a little usm +mask on and sharpen up the eyes a bit ..... other than that i think it's a great shot .... i really need to try out this whole garage light thing, it seems to be all the rage !

6. I stare at this and think the same thing. The focus reticle is right on my eye. The eyes and my ear are actually pretty sharp on my computer. The face is soft. I should have stopped down from f2. I normally shoot these at f4.

Thanks for looking.

7. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh, you are brave Mitch! And I think you did a fine job. I prefer shooting at f4 personally, so I know I get it all.

8. You are absolutely correct Mitch, self portraits are very difficult. With your wide open lens, I feel you missed the focus a little. Actually in the garage like this I would suggest that you have a more reasonable aperature, say f5.6 or so. With the darkened background in the garage there is no reason (that I can think of) to shoot with a wide open aperature. OK you handsome devil, go take another one.

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Look out GQ Magazine!

10. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Heh....I was expecting a grease monkey :wink:

11. Leigh, you crack me up!!!

I won't quit my day job. I'd surely starve as a model.:485:

12. So that's why the models are so skinny... :tongue:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.