Me..my new D2X, 28-70 (big bertha)...and something else..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich Gibson, May 12, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Awesome!

For those wondering, you too can have nikoncafe attire!

http://www.cafepress.com/nikoncafe

Hats are on order and will be at least a week before they are ready.

All proceeds go to the hosting and upkeep of the forum hardware and services.

Thanks,

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Rich, please....you're scaring the children.

Heeeeheeeeheeee. :lol:

Cool shot. It made me smile (fantastic t-shirt too). 8)

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Would'a looked bigger with the hood attached ;) and Patrick?

Nice Rich, and Patrick, I just placed a $100 Cafe order, thanks and keep up the great work!

4. GMolotsky

GMolotsky Guest

Rich
    Congrats on the D2X. I'm sure you'll be wearing that for a while. The smile that is, as for the shirt, that's pretty cool too. Now lets see some pics....

5. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

I also just placed an order.

Birger

6. Cool! I'll make an order when I have more later after work.

And Rich, what a lovely smile

Phil

7. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Wow, your smile looks just like the smilies, and the yellow too. Sure kids won't mistake you for a crossing guard or something :D

8. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Sorry Rich, no offence, but I think we need a better looking model. No, I don't mean me, that would definitely be a retrograde step.

Maybe we should give Panos a tshirt and get him to go out and shoot some of his cheerleaders wearing 'em. Hmm, on further examination, maybe he should shoot 'em wearing just this. That'd boost sales, not to mention blood pressures.

Neil

9. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Sent mine in

Sent an order in yesterday....

10. Now that's a happy man 8).

11. That is great!! You and the BEAST OF ALL CAMERAS look very happy together!! :D :D :D :D

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice shirt Rich. Oh, the cam's cool too, but do you need to have that 'rub-it-in' grin? :) :twisted: :)

13. Rich,

Nice shirt. :) BTW, you must have huge hands. That D2X looks like a D70 in your meat hooks. ;)

14. oh......no.......LOGO MERCHANDISE!!!!!!!
    RUN! WALLET IS EMPTYING!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Damn.....I'm going to have to buy some. Why does this always have to happen.........
    To give you an idea, between 5 cruises on one ship I think I have over a dozen t-shirts, 4 hats, a jacket, 3 pairs of sweatpants, inflatable ship, ceramic ship, a bunch of mugs, keychain light, two bathing suits, shorts, christmas ornament, etc.
    I haven't had enough time or opportunity to acquire any D2X ornaments yet :)

15. Rich,

That Nikon looks exceptionally good on you and I like the T-shirt. That 28-70 is a manly lense isn't it. Glad to see you are enjoying it.

Best regards

16. ...yes it is a MANLY lens! It's getting a lot of action. I went to the Cubs-Nats game Friday night and had a blast. The rules limit you to a 3" lens, so I took the 85 1.4 and the 28-70. I could have brought a 600 and no one would have questioned me where I went through. We sat behind the net at home plate so everything has a cross hatch pattern in it.

What was more important is I experimented with metering and speeds and cropping. Valuable learning experieince.

Rich

17. Rich,
    I cannot help but notice the naval wings on that beermug behind you and I seem to spot the tail of an F8 Crusader. Do you have any relation to the venerable Gunfighters???

18. Here I am aboard the USS Wasp (yes, the WWII carrier...I'm that old)

Here'a rather dashing candid shot of me during the same period

View attachment 8710

Rich

19. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Wow, cool... So you were a Naval Aviator in a past life? That's so awsome. I'd think you must miss it dearly.