Me & the D2x

Discussion in 'Birds' started by phillip 200, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Hi decided it was time to go out and have a play with my D2x & 500mm

Phillip.

D2x 500mm iso400 Great tit
    [​IMG]
    D2x 500mm iso100 HSC grey-squirrel
    [​IMG]
    D1x 800mmf5.6 @ F8 iso125 Great-crested-grebe
    [​IMG]
    D1 500mm iso200
    [​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Whoa Phillip!!

I think you are going to be real happy with your new tool. :lol:

Great shots :!: :!:

Regards,

Frank

3. celia bule

celia bule Guest

This human being is very grateful for that. AWESOME pics. Some of the best I have seen on this forum. :D

4. Wonderful stuff Phillip! Looks like you are good no matter what the camera in your hands, that is the key! Congrats on the new gear!!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Way to goooo!!!! Very nice

6. Phillip you have some great shots there. I like the fine detail in the squirrel shot!! :D :D :D :D

7. Hi just a few quick things I would like to say, thank you for all your kind comments, the D2x is such an interesting camera the combination of settings that can be applied to the camera is just mind-boggling, one feature I really do like is the resolution of the CCD the other is when it is attached to your computer via nikon capture control you are able to adjust almost anything.

My favourite has to be that you can adjust the exposure compensation individually for each metering mode in 1/6th of a stop increments separately to the normal exposure compensation you could have your matrix metering +2/6th as standard and then your spot metering –1/6th if you wish. As a matter of interest in the first image, great tit is straight from the camera and very heavily cropped it is about 1/4 of the actual frame I enlarged this to A3 and printed it the detail was just amazing.

Phillip.

8. Such detail and the croppign you talk about makes me very interested in this camera. the shot of the grebe is fantastic

9. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Phillip

I absolutely love the grebe shot.

Great capture :)

10. Excellent combo: you, the camera and that lens..... amazing results...