Me too!!!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by j.ankanpaa, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Hello!

There have been couple of very nice art flower pics here... Here´s my effort taken somewhat 5 months ago. Actually these are results of testing more or less bad reverse 50mm compination, but I like them...

rerrr008.

rerrr007.

rerrr006.

rerrr005.

rerrr004.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    The third one is just gorgeous! It has life, and movement and color and softness and it's sharp on top of all that! Care to elaborate on your process???

3. I like them too.

4. Hi Leigh!

I´m glad you liked it! Well, the compination which I used was the craziest combo I have tried so far, 50mm reversed on the top of 80-200 f/2.8...
    Talking about serious vigneting:biggrin: ... Just focusing by moving cam back and forth and clicking now and then...

It was quite a psychedelic experience because of extremely thin dof, first hazy view in vf, then some colors "explodes" for a split second and disappears, then the same happen again in someother part of vf and so on...And due to hand shake nothing really stays on focus very long. It was very nice experience. Maybe I´ll do this same next summer by an ant nest :biggrin:

I was also thinking that it would be interesting to test this with video cam although I have no idea wheter you can attach a reverse lens on video cam...

Here´s one more:
    rerrr009.

5. Hi Beezle!

I´m glad you liked them :smile: :smile: :smile:

6. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Jukka,
    Very nice capture

7. I'm sorry, but I have to be honest - these do nothing for me.:redface:

I guess I'm an artistic illerate. Much of modern art strikes me in the same way. I see some blurry colors and patterns but that is all. If you hadn't said they were flowers I don't think I would have guessed.

Different strokes for different folks! :smile:

8. Hi Ben!

I´m glad liked them :smile: :smile: :smile:

9. Hi Jukka,

i prefer the third one.
    That one wil look great on a very large print !!

10. Hi Pa!

No need to be sorry, beeing honest is much better :smile:

I know what you mean. My companion is a painter and I sometimes go to galleries with her and...well, yeah, I know what you mean :biggrin:

That´s the way it goes :smile:

11. Hi Alex!

Thanks! I haven´t thought about printing these, but I don´t know, maybe I should give it a try... Who knows, it may even end up on a wall of a modern art gallery:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

12. I also like #3 best.
    It says that art in the eye of the beholder, which is surely true. I, too, often scratch my head when I visit galleries of modern art:smile: , but mostly I am amused by the people who appear at exhibitions (showing, e.g., completely empty rooms with nothing but white walls) and display a most understanding look and a very important behaviour.

I mostly do scientific photography which aims at capturing details most accurately and most realistically, and it is sometimes hard for me to switch to a completely different viewing attitude when looking at pics like yours or Bjorn's, especially not to try to think what plant (etc.) this is or trying to interpret technical details, but just let the image take effect on me the way it is.
    I think there is a big difference between art and good craftsmanship (these two are not mutually exclusive, of course) and this is how photos, paintings, etc. should be a approached.

Cheers

13. MariaVoniati

MariaVoniati Guest

I LIKE IT TOO!

i really like this aspect of photography. Actually photography is an art, isn't it?

thanks 4 sharing

14. Thanks Harry!

This is not my type of photography either...well, they are macros, but I usually shoot insects and try to get those shots a bit sharper than these:biggrin:

15. Hi Maria!

Thanks!

Yes, it is! Although I don´t consider these shots as art as they weren´t meant to be as art... Sometimes I think that everything is art which was made to be as art... and only questions one can make is what is good art,
    what is important art...and perhaps more enthusiastic person may ask also
    why:smile:

But these were just test shots which I happen to like:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: