1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Meadowlark Gardens in Virginia

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by siinjen, Aug 3, 2008.

1. The weather was perfect today with low humidity and just decided to shoot...Just wanted to share with you guys.:biggrin:

059-1.

024-1.

019-1.

2. Very nice Sal!!!

Is this park in Sterling, VA? Looks like a great place.

3. Very nice photos!

In answer to the question, Meadowlark is in Vienna, VA, just off Beulah Road, not too far from Rte 7 heading West.....

4. Thanks Connie!

I know where Tysons Corner is.. :biggrin:

Spent 3 days at a training class about 1 block from the malls, which I didn't realize there were two of now.
    The one I can't afford to go to and the one I might be able to afford to go to. HAHA

Don

5. Right, heading West on Rte 7 from the Tysons area you'd make a left turn on to Beulah Road, which takes you to Meadowlark Gardens. It's a beautiful park and wonderful place to shoot all year around!

Yup, there's Tysons and Tysons II (or Galleria). The Apple store is in Tysons. Just down Rte 7 a little ways from the malls you'll find Penn Camera! :smile:

6. #3 and that last one!
    splendid :D 

7. Thanks Kevin!

8. gorgeous shots, sal
    very well done

thanks for sharing them with us

9. Thanks Don....Connie is right about the park I was in yesterday..

10. Thanks Connie...we all should go to the park someday, what about fall? It's pretty out there too.:biggrin:

11. Yes, Meadowlark is wonderful in the Fall! I think that would be a fun day for us all to meet there and do some shooting. There is at least one resident GBH there and also some geese, as well as other birds, if one gets tired of shooting just flowers and foliage!

12. Thanks Greg...I've held a 200 f2 the other day and handheld is good for 10 mins 4me. Anxiously to own one:rolleyes: 

13. I am in for a meadowlark shoot. I feel like going somewhere this afternoon. I may head out to hidden pond... See if I can scare up some interest from my 7-year old helper...

OH! And nice shots SAL. Meadowlark is a great place. Greenspring is nice too, smaller, but lots of unusual floral varieties. Also, as of Aug 1, the ponds are apparently open. Maybe I will try that out today, but Hidden Pond does have more for my helper to do...

14. Thanks Rich...where's Greenspring at?

15. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Nice work Sal, you live in a very pretty part of the world and you have showed it off well in this post

16. Thanks Robert... :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.