Mealtime @ the Wetlands

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Kevin Scott, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Mentioned in another post about being "in the right place at the right time". Here are a couple of samples of what I was referring to.

Found this Egret with a tasty little snake! Never saw that before!! :eek: Ick-:Sick:
    [​IMG]

Saw a few different raptors and this one looked like he was eating a frog.
    [​IMG]

Then I stumbled on the following sequence. A little Blue Heron catching and eating a frog. In the last shots of the sequence you can actually see the lump moving down his throat. Made me wonder if the frog is still kicking around in their stomachs after swallowing them. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Amazing Kevin.

Great shots.

The raptor was eating a crab :>))
    Shows on one of my shots.

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Kevin I am really impressed with these ......... Geeez your work lookin really awesome, not to mention timing
    light and exp on Hawk, outstanding
    detail and sharpness is quaility +++ !!

You just made me wanna go out and shoot today, see you later :biggrin: :biggrin:

4. A crab? Good. I couldn't figure out what the heck it was. Only one picture had something that resembled a frog leg sticking out! :smile:

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent series Kevin. It does take being in the right place, but it also takes skill to get shots like these.

Very well done. :wink:

6. Excellent! I am very impressed with your posts here lately. I need to practice more!
    Dave

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Kevin

Unfortunately I was not positioned with the tree and got a total blow out sky. Anyway posted so you could see the crab.

8. Yum Yum!

Great shots Kevin. The detail and clarity is amazing.

9. Thanks, Jim! Yes, I was really pleased with the clarity of these shots myself. It's nice to get some occasionally! Thanks for taking time to comment.

10. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent captures Kevin. My only problem was that I missed them.

11. Thanks, Harry! But it looks like you did get him on your recent outing, based on your posting! :wink: