Mechanical problem with my F80

In a way this doesn't belong here in the picture galleries, but then again...

My F80 is working really nicely, except for one thing: When I press the DOF preview button, something goes wrong. I can see the aperture work its thing, and then it clicks back to open, but the *next* frame is screwed. The shutter opens but doesn't close until I turn off the camera.

I don't use the DOF preview at all, really, because I normally shoot in aperture mode and have enough of a feeling for the DOF to get what I want in most cases (and I don't do macro), but it is easy to press inadvertantly, and of course it IS an error.

Anyone have experience with something like this? Is it something well known, easy to fix? I've already repaired the F80 once, I am not afraid of little screws and soldering irons, but I need to know what to do...

Any input welcome (except "don't press the DOF button..." :) ).

Ciao Tor
I'm displeased for that but I have no idea what it could be.... I used mine many times but have never had a problem.. maybe the diaphragm doesn't come back to its home position once you depress the button? Or is it slower to close / open in the next frame?

Real Name
Chris
First thing to check is does it do that with every lens? If not, then it's the diaphram of the lens sticking. If it's the camera body, then it's a tougher problem. You'll probably need to have the diaphram control linkage serviced.

remove the button? :Crunk: I dunno, but thats a weird issue, especially since the error occurs on the next shot...
I was actually thinking of that, tbh... :)
But yes, everything seems OK until the next shot gets stuck.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom