1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Medical Capsule Camera

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by David_Bailey, Aug 29, 2008.

1. This is a close up of a capsule camera used for some of the testing my wife had recently. It is opened from its package and right away a strobe light starts flashing and then the pill is swallowed with a lot of water. You wear a recording device for about 6-8 hours an then the battery runs out. The camera is expelled usually after 24-72 hours or in my wife's case, after surgery.

Hard to believe all that technology in this little camera and the images are very high quality.

Here's a shot of the cam. I used a very crude setup to get this shot; the background is the background of a magazine and I used a basic setup of 1 SB-800 and 1 SB-900 and that's it.

2808217608_9e705b26a5_o.
    NIKON D3    ---    200mm    f/16.0    1/125s    ISO 200

Here's a cut away graphic of the capsule:

2808217628_dec6362931_o.

2. pill cams are quite incredible
    i love to look at the pictures they produce
    great thread
    awesome picture

3. lmatney

lmatney

Oct 25, 2007
    Goodyear, AZ
    Very interesting David. I had never seen one of these before. I hope your wife is doing well.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That is amazing technology. Exactly how big/small is the device?

Hope your wife is doing well.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Just told the Doc we wanted (after all we paid for it). I'll shoot some more with a Tylenol or something similar next to it and post for comparison.

7. Amazing technology indeed.

Leigh, it's 26 mm x 11 mm.

Some sample photos here.

8. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    That is cool...thanks for the link Phil

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks, Phil.

But wow, that thing is huge! I just don't think I'd be able to swallow that!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.