Meet and Greet was a major success!

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by Leigh, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I'd like to go ahead and thank everyone who took the time to be with us tonight. The 3rd Annual Get-Together is officially underway. Tonight's Meet and Greet was a major success. There was lots of wonderful conversation, friendly faces...even the kids all had a great time!

The last group of folks left about 30 minutes ago and we look forward to tomorrow morning when we'll see everyone again!

Wade (Commodore First) really came through on the door prizes. We would like to thank not only Wade for organizing the game, but everyone else who so generously donated the prizes. Thanks everyone!!!

So....without further adieu....I'm off to bed! Goodnight! See you in the morning!:smile:

2. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    It was great to see both old friends and new! Chef Leigh, once again, provided five-star cuisine. Frank (Eng45ine) brought the most incredible canolis that I've ever had the pleasure of consuming. I can honestly say a great time was had by all (well, the only downside was somebody taking my LowePro Slingshot that I won in Dirty Photosanta ;) ) I had to leave earlier than I'd liked but to everyone I got to see, Hope to see you again soon! To everyone who wasn't able to join us, I sure hate to have missed you but next year will be here soon.

Thanks again to Leigh and Patrick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. High Fives to all! Especially Leigh and Patrick for opening their home for the event. A lot more folk this year than last and a great open to a great planned weekend!

Thanks once again to Leigh and Patrick for their hosting the opening party!

Regards...Jim & Terri Ricci

4. Great fun, great folks!

Thanks for all the work Leigh and Patrick.

5. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Yep,

fun had by, all,

Cheers to Patrick and Leigh and also was a blast visiting all the cafe members.

Wade

6. Great evening, thanks Leigh & Patrick!
    I look forward to the rest of the weekend. Tomorrow morning early : duck pond, followed by the botanical garden.
    Them, an evening visit at Sommer's - can't wait!

7. Leigh and Patrick are the greatest! It is because of them and Frank Wilson that we now have this fantastic extended family of some of the finest folks I have ever met!
    I had one Canoli too many.......

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks again everyone. It's so nice hearing that you all enjoyed yourselves.

One of the things that I enjoy most about having the meet and greet here at our home is how everyone feels like family right from the start. Patrick and I were talking about this tonight...as soon as everyone began arriving, it was as if we'd known each other forever. None of us were strangers to each other. Thanks everyone for making this a terrific start to the weekend!

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks for the update from the party folks! Next year can't get here fast enough for me!

10. WHAT!!! No photos of the buffet??? :biggrin:

11. Wow, what a fun evening. It was wondeful to meet so many old friends face to face for the first time. The food was great, too! Thanks to Patrick & Leigh for opening their lovely home to us and for all the hard work in putting this together. Looking forward to the rest of the weekend.

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey.....I didn't get a cannoli!!!!! Having a great time with such good friends. Many are gathering in the lobby for the continental breakfast. Off to the duck pond in an hour.

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is so wonderful to hear:>))
    Wishing you all a great fun, friends and wonderful visit:>))))

14. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Glad to hear everyone is having a good time...I am really looking forward to the fantastic photos from the weekend.

Wish I could have made it. Last night sounds like it was fun.

15. Wish I was there! Really wish I was eating one of Frank's cannolis! :smile:

16. Hello, nice to hear that you had a nice evening. Now that everyone is talking about Frank's cannolis... what ARE cannolis? :confused: Doesn't ring a bell for me. So, here's my assignment for you... Please post a nice picture of that stuff so that I will eventually know what all are raving about. At last this IS a photo forum :wink::tongue:!

Thanks and have a LOT of fun :biggrin:,

17. Leigh and Patrick, you two are something else. Also, kudo's to Wade for going above and beyond on the door prizes. Have fun all.

18. Patience, people, patience!

I shot photos of the food in preparation -- including those fabulous cannolis! -- and when it was set out on the table before the hungry horde began attacking it! The food was outstanding, a real feast! I am about to upload the images I shot today at the Duck Pond and the Botanical Gardens and then I'll start working on post-processing the images from last night. Guess I'd better do the food ones first! :biggrin:

19. Well, Dave I think I asked you to eat one for me! LOL! :biggrin:

20. LOL, Dave Watts ate it for me! LOL