Meet Angie (model shoot in Berkeley)

Discussion in 'People' started by virtuamike, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2005
  2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike, you must be one happy man....you always post shots of the most lovely ladies. After I see each new model, I think she's more lovely than the last...and this one proves that theory true! I love this series of her...Wonderful.

The first shot has to be my favorite...the contrast of the bricks on one side and the slatboards on the other (both harsh materials) and the pretty girl in the middle...I really enjoyed them all...thanks for sharing.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nicely done Mike...

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    :wink: Can I come live with you Mike? :wink: Man, the hits (and the great girls) just keep on comin'! For my very biased opinions, here goes:

Shot 1 has an interesting shot angle, so that makes it cool. Sort'a wished there were brick walls on both sides though.

Shot 2 would be excellent, if it weren't for the emphasis on her armpits in this shot. Not that there's anything wrong with her armpits, it's just that the emphasis should be on her face here.

Shot 3 is cool. The short lens length does seem to make her feet look unnaturally big though, where if you used a much longer lens, this wouldn't have been a problem. Maybe this is the look you were going for.

Shot 4 I love, but would've also shot a few more from a couple steps left or right of your camera position just to see which angle I liked best.

Shot 5 doesn't do much for me, sorry.

Shot 6 is cool, but looks as though her cheeks might be a bit too hot.

Shot 7 is very good also, but I think I'd like to see a little of her left hand in the shot, maybe in her hair, and it also seems her skin is too hot here too.
    There you have my expert opinion....NOT! :tongue:

5. Very nice application of your wide lenses to capture the,for these shots, all-important surrounding grimy-city-context in which the shoots were done.

Very nice.

The shot I like a lot, but doesn't fit the rest, is the escalator shot. It is too clean. All the others capture the gritty city.

My fave...leaning on the newspaper machine. It tells a story about her that varies each time I look at it. Braces!...perfect in a big print. Candid street shot that isn't. Light and tonality perfect.

Second fave... I like the armpit a lot. Something naughty about a pretty lady with her arms up like that. A surrender thing...sort of tickles my id. :Devil:

Tell me, which one does SHE like????

angie09_full.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2005
  6. I like the last one the best, this is the most successful and professional looking.

7. Thx Leigh! I try something new every time I go out so I'm glad I'm making progress.

Thx Dave!

Thx for the critique Steve!

Thx Paul!

Thx Vernon! She likes the escalator and these 2 -

angie07_full.

angie10_full.

8. Hi Mike,

Great series! What post processing are your using if any? I really like the tone.

#3 is my pick.

Regards,
    Jonathan

9. Thx Jonathan! Just did my usual processing - WB and exposure correction on the NEF in ARC, small s-curve in CS2, resize, dodge & burn, sRGB convert, sharpen, and save for web.

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Great series Mike! May I ask what you are using these for? They look fashion mag quality, so I hope you are selling them for a lot of $$$!

Ha! That's funny! Face indeed!

11. Thx Chris! Just using these to build up our portfolios. It was a TFP shoot.

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    (showing my ignorance,) what's TFP?

13. TFP = time for print. Neither one of us gets paid. We just get together, shoot, and use the images to build up our portfolios.

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh, but man - this stuff is good - and saleable! lightyears beyond a lot of suff I see. Do you read Picture magazine? If I was half as good as you, I'd be using their refs as contacts and selling this stuff!

15. Heh maybe later on. I don't think I'm good enough to actually make money off my portrait work yet.

16. JB

JB

May 27, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Love it!

Well done Mike. Both of you are doing a great job!