Meet Brenda Tharp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beaucamera, Sep 19, 2005.

1. That's what I did today. For those of you who don't know Brenda Tharp, she's a talented lecturer, author and photographer, who wrote the book, "Creative Nature and Outdoor Photography". She concentrates more on approach than equipment and the all day lecture covered many themes. Many of the photographs she used as examples are in her book. One I really liked she took from a hot air balloon as she looked down. There was another hot air balloon below her that cast a long shadow. Her image looked like an exclamation point. She says that is how she feels about hot air ballooning. It was easy to like her spirit and sense of adventure; it was hard not to be awed by her talent.

If you're interested in learning more, take a look at Brenda's website: http://www.brendatharp.com.

Here are a few pics I took at her seminar and book signing. You can see her here autographying my copy of her book.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

That's my red-tailed hawk picture post card on the table.

Here's one happy photographer with a copy of her book.

Brenda in a pensive mood.

and yours truly with Brenda. It was a fun day! :smile:

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Sounds like a fun seminar Virginia - it's always fun to be around enthusiastic teachers, isn't it? Oh, and it's nice to 'see' you!

3. I will have to admit that I don't know Brenda but she sounds like a very interesting person. I'm glad you had fun at her seminar.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice Virginia,

What an exciting day. Wish I was here.

Great images. You did a fine job.

Thanks for sharing.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice post Virginia. Isn't it great to be able to spend time and learn from talented people like Brenda (and Ron R)!! Looks like you had a great day. I really like the way you documented it with your images. :smile: