Meet Harriet

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Jim Strathearn, Oct 16, 2005.

1. My wife Linda and I (Ok, Linda :wink: ...) decided that we needed to get another dog from Animal Rescue here in PA. They are swamped with animals from Katrina so we thought we'd help them out. Harriet is not a Katrina dog, but one they've had for the past two and a half years. We didn't know that at first, not that it would have made a difference... She's probably around 4-5 years old and quite friendly. She came right up to us when we were browsing the place so I guess it was meant to be. Her profile says that she is shy but we don't see that at all! She is very affectionate and loving. Ends up that she pretty much attached herself to me but we've only had her for a day so we'll see how that goes.

These are not the best pics but I wanted to share our excitement. I'm sure I'll be able to get some keepers once she settles in a bit. At least, I hope so! She seemed pretty focused on the flash and bracket as I couldn't get her to look at the camera. Maybe in time...

BTW, they tell me she's a "hound". (Pretty much just looks like a dog to me!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Good for and your family.
    great looking dog (beagle?)
    which I had more space would do the same

3. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    She looks very friendly. Hard to believe that she ended up in an Animal Rescue. I'm sure you will bond very much to her. Just look in her eyes.

4. excellent choice she made! she was waiting for you to come along so she could pick you to go home with!

adopted dogs are the best, enjoy her!

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jim,

She looks like a four legged fountain of furry love, and I too commend you and Linda for giving her a loving home. Just looking at these very nice shots, I'd say that you will all get as much as you give. :wink:

Way to go!! :smile:

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Way to go Jim....Harriet looks like a true friend. I look forward to my kids being old enough for the responsibility of a pet....not yet, but one day they'll have a dog!

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think she is beautiful and the pictures are already great and KEEPERS :>)))

Mans/gals best friend for sure.

Sure with I could have one.

8. Thanks to all!

Thanks for looking, and for all the kind comments. She's a real treat to have!

I told her that I wanted some serious poses and she gave me these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Looks like some lab in that thar dog! LOL Check the chest and the head shape. This would be a good mix - lab for strength and beagle for cunning!! LOL She looks like a great dog and seems to have settled in nicely so far. Very pretty face! Thanks for choosing a pound mutt - they're the most lovable!