Meet Kirsten (test shot)

Discussion in 'People' started by Steve S, May 10, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Took my dogs into the groomer's today, the same place where I "discovered" Jesse, (my now former favorite practice model :evil:
    Low and behold, there's a new girl working there now.
    This is a simple outdoor natural light test shot of Kirsten, 19, taken with my D2X and my 85 1.4. I'm trying to get her into the studio for some practice shots. I think she has excellent potential being relaxed in front of the camera, although she has never been before. Showed her some of my previous work in print, and I think she's fairly impressed with it. Gave her my card, and that was that. We'll see!
    Comments (both ways) always appreciated.

Date/Time 10-May-2005 16:17:13
    Make Nikon
    Model NIKON D2X
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 85 mm
    Exposure Time 1/1250 sec
    Aperture f/1.6
    ISO Equivalent 100
    Exposure Bias
    White Balance auto
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    JPEG Quality (6)
    Exposure Program aperture priority
  2. Chris101

Feb 2, 2005

"Looks like trouble, she's come a-callin' again." ;)

Nice shot, she's got great eyes.
  3. I was bummed when you canned Jesse but looks like you have an excellent replacement. Nice image. Errr where did you say this dog groomer was located? :D :D
  4. Yes, Steve!! Very nice shot and cute model!! :D :D :D :D
  5. F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Steve I think I'm going to have to rent a dog next
    month when I swing through Fort Wayne and give
    this place a visit.
  6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanx Guys, and Todd,

if you get a few free minutes while passing through town, I'd love to meet you somewhere for a cup of coffee, or a glass/pint of your favorite beverage!
  7. F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Re: Thanx Guys, and Todd,

Steve that would be great. Right now it looks like I will be in the Three Rivers area the 3-4 week of June. The wife said I can't go to the dog groomers though :( :( :(
  8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Re: Thanx Guys, and Todd,

Great Todd, PM me & I'll shoot you my phone number. Gimme a ring when you get to town. PS, why are you going to be in "The Fort"?
  9. Wossname

Wossname Guest

I just love her expression, coy and naughty all at once. What's your secret mate? ':?'

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    My secret?

I carry a decent portfolio with me, and giving good direction... Doesn't hurt to know some good basic PS too. I worked on this pic at least 2 hrs! She had a lot of hairs streaming across her face.
  11. PhotoOp71

PhotoOp71 Guest

I would definitely like to meet Kirsten. :p

Apr 30, 2005
    You Sure Can Pick Them !

waiting for more :)