Meet Laura L....

Discussion in 'People' started by Jetta32696, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Had a shoot on Tuesday with Laura but haven't gone through many photos yet. I saw (and liked) these and decided to edit it last night. What do you think?? Comments always welcome and appreciated.

Taken with D2hs and my favorite trio - 70-200, 85 and 28-70...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LAW2

LAW2

Oct 24, 2006
    JAX
    Great pictures. The B&W is my favorite. You really captured the light well in that one.
    Looks like you are getting the hang of outside flash and using your lenses well. Nothing negative to say. Good looking models always help.:Wink:

3. Beautiful work Keith. My favorite is #2. As for #4, I just find the feet a bit distracting (kind'a looks like bunny ears to me!)

4. Thank you Leland!! I'm not that great at BW conversions, but the color version of that image had some really bad blown highlights. Glad you like it. For me, the image was too nice not to find a way to make it a keeper...

5. Thanks Francois!! I thought the same thing about #4, but decided to edit anyway... :biggrin:

6. JDex

JDex

Jul 17, 2007
    Cerritos, CA
    Very nice Keith! She looks gorgeous.... Nice straight teeth!
    My favorite is #2. Nice contrast but the only thing is that the bottom right corner looks a little blown out....

Stay Blessed!
    JDex

7. Thank you JDex! Laura did have very nice teeth, I just had to force smiles from her. After a while it was easier, but it was tough at first. As for #2, the bottom right is EXTREMELY blown out...hence the BW conversion. It looks much worse in the color version. I kept trying to crop it out, but didn't like any of the crops I was able to come up with...

8. Ah yes, the lovely Laura L. Nice shots with good color, focus and bokeh. Well done.

9. Thanks Gordon!! I'm having a good time shooting outdoors, and I think I'm getting the hang of it for the most part... Now if I could only get the hang of natural light portraits with no flash..............

10. Keith,

These look great! Keep posting.

GenoP

11. Well Banhup is the expert there and I hang on his every picture. :smile:
    Course his pretty models don't hurt either. :biggrin:

12. Igor

Igor

May 15, 2005
    Ukraine, Europe
    All excellent shots! Beautiful model and superb lighting.

13. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    How about the infamous square crop?

[​IMG]

14. Thanks Geno. You know I will!!

Very true!! I couldn't agree with you more...

Thank you Igor!!

Tried that, but I've never been a fan of square crops, for some reason they just never seem to "do it" for me... That one looks nice though.

15. Very nice work Keith. Pretty girl, perfect smile and she looks like she is enjoying herself. The colors/cropping/DOF work well. I especially like #1 & #3.

16. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    Keith I love the second shot, everything about it!

17. Bunic

Bunic

Jun 27, 2006
    South Central PA
    Keith,

These (as usual!) are just great! Love the colors, comp, et al. Where do you find all these beauties who are also willing to stand so comfortably in front of a camera? Really nice work - again - your flash is impeccable!

Mike

18. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Great work. I like #'s 1 and 2 the best. The last one has some excellent elements, but the feet look like rabbit ears!!:smile: Sorry....now you'll see that every time you look at that photo!:redface:

Your exposures look perfect and poses are really great......lovely subject too.

Good stuff!

19. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Agreed....Banhup's natural light portraits are The Blueprint! I just know he is cheating somehow......I just can't figure out how!!:wink::biggrin:

20. Doug Lutke

Doug Lutke

Dec 30, 2006
    Michigan
    Very nice Keith, I think she has a contagious smile, and a very pleasant look about her. It seems to me you captured her personalty very well.

Doug