Meet little 2 y.o. Madison (studio pics)

Discussion in 'People' started by Steve S, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Had a portrait session with this little pistol of a 2 y.o. today. Managed to get a few keepers out of 100's of shots Used a 47in Octabox camera right, a white disk reflector camera left, and med SB for hairlight, and a grid spot to light the bg.
    Used D70/85 f1.8 Comments, opinions? Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Steve, I have to say wonderful job just to get a 2 year old to sit still long enough to get the camera up.

3. Cute as can be Steve. You have done a great job in capturing these images. 2 year olds are most difficult to get any kind of cooperation from.

4. That quite a setup you used, Steve... and excellent results. I love the studio look, but it's a little too technical for me. I'm sticking with environmentals.

5. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Steve, sorry to hear about Dutchy. I'm sure it was a wonderful 10 years with your best friend.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Steve, what a cutie. Looks like your hard work in the studio is paying off.

These are great images.... :D

Regards,

Frank

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Sit Still? HA, sit still???

The only time she actually sat still for more than a few secs was when we gave her an apple, and that made an awful mess. I had to do a lot of healing/cloning on these shots. Thanks Todd, and thanks for the kind words about Dutchy.

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Gordon, now where's your shots?

Still waiting to see some shots of that aspiring model from your Fri shoot ;)

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Frank, I've got more equipment than I've got talent

Really, I just have 4 Alien Bees SB400s and some softboxes, nothing too special. Thanks for the kind words.

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Wished they would'a gave me more notice

I gave the mom my card before Xmas, and she months later, finally called to set up an appt. The last I spoke with her was 2 wks ago, and I didn't realise that she DID call @12AM to confirm her appt, so thinking I would take a chance they just might show, I went out to the studio and kicked up the heat just in case, and started setting up for them when they suddenly showed up. The studio was still all set up from Jesse's shoot a few days before and everything had to be changed. Man, I gotta check that answering machine more often. :oops:

11. Steve, very nice shots! I'm sure the family of that little girl will be very pleased when they see the results.

12. Re: Thanks Gordon, now where's your shots?

We had terrible weather here Friday and so the shoot was postponed until next Friday. I had wanted to do some outside natural light images but with the heavy rain it was no way. :cry:

13. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Steve,

The grey muslin looks great! What a cutie. I don't think you could have gotten the colors any better. Awesome auburn hair too.

Thanks,

14. Very nice

Quite and elaborate setup you have there the pics look fantastic, I am sure it took wuite a bit of patience with the wee one.