Meet Max................

Here is max the Beagle. He is 9 years old and a constant companion to my son David. Max injured his back severely 6 years ago and his hind quarters were paralyzed. We took him to the vet and he said there was nothing that could be done as there was spinal cord damage. We agreed to try him on steroids for a week to see if it helped any. After a week there was no improvement so we were going to have Max put to sleep. The morning of the vet appointment I noticed a slight movement in one of Max's hind paws! We were just ready to put him in the car and take him to the vet. We decided to give him a little longer and within a month Max was walking again! He sometimes is a little wobbly and we have to go back on the steroids but he is doing well 6 years later! Max has one blue eye and one brown eye. I always thought it interesting the way the flash colors his eyes!
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cool story, Dave! Dogs are incredible. We got a border collie from the Humane Society for Father's Day one year. Within a week the dog was sick. Took her to the animal hospital and was diagnosed with Parvo. That was a Fri. By Sunday, they called us to come get the dog as she was driving the other dogs crazy. She was completely healed. No explanation. The hospital said they've never seen anything like it. They did some work on her but never thought she'd pull through. She just had her 10th b-day this year! :)

You could call him Stop and Go with those eye colors. Moving story about Max and you are to be commended for sticking with your dog.

Nice story and super cute pup Dave. You know that you are loved when you see a face like his. :wink:

What a great image, Dave. I appreciated that you gave some history on Max...you look at that image and know that his main purpose in his life is to give unconditional love to you and your family.

Thank you all for the great remarks. Max is a great dog and is wonderful with the kids. He doesn't like to be left alone though and he sometimes gets destructive when we leave him. (He just ate my new garage door) :(
But he is a member of the family though good times and bad.

Good doggie Max.... fiu, foooiii... :-D
Dave, great dog you have, you son is very lucky to have one of the most intelligent dogs as a full-time companion!
Thanks for sharing ;-)

Latest threads

Top Bottom