Meet our newest Family member: Lily!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by misupix, Jan 5, 2006.

1. I wanted to share the first picture of our newest family member: Lily!

original.

...shot handheld at 1/40s at f4 in natural light iso 1600!

Lily came to us (like our older Cat Lucy, 8 years ago) from a local cat protection organization. She's about 6 month old and must have had a pretty bad start in life.
    In the beginning she was so frightened, she dare not move or even stand up, when someone else was in the room! She was in pretty bad shape: flea and more ...., but now she's flea free again and even started eating.

After 4 Days of gently handling and caring for her, she finally lets me touch her and immediately begins purring! :smile:

So this is a happy day for us! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

2. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Nice image Michael, I bet if you lay on the floor she would be all over you in seconds.:wink:

3. You don't know how right you are: these little kittens have sharp claws, when you have to put them in the transport box to get to the vet (You should see my hands and arms :Shocked: :Wink: :Shocked: :Wink:

4. Michael, congratulations on your new pet. You are to be praised for taking an abused pet into your household. The cat will be grateful and should make a great pet. Love conquers all.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Michael,

What a cute kitty. You are to be commended to taking her in and giving her a loving home. :wink:

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Kitty and very great thing you did. She will love you for a long time. Just a little more time to get confident :>)))

7. Nice move Michael. I am sure Lily will settle down in no time and she will be forever grateful. Cats are cool!... and so are dogs. :biggrin:

8. Hi Michael

Great picture.

It's nice to know she has a loving home at last.

9. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Michael, re travel baskets and the battles that ensue.
    Try putting her basket on it's end, then feed her in head first. She is more concerned about where her head is going than trying to find your hands for a mauling.:smile:

Have you ever tried to get a cat in a pint jug of water?

That's my description of getting an agrophobic on an aeroplane, or not.:eek:

10. Actually she was fighting to get away from me, once I caught her, the travel basket was the minor Problem :wink:

re about water: we once had to bath one of our cats, after she managed to get some kind of glue stuck all over her. That was really fun :wink:

BTW:

Thanks to all, for your good wishes! ​

In the meantime, Lily has already started exploring the whole house and even introduced herself to our "older" cat Lucy! :biggrin: ​

11. Congrats Michael.
    Rescue kitties are the BEST! - I've got 7 of them (and one purebred who is also wonderful but a true devil).
    Lily reminds me of one I took in after she moved into a brush pile in our yard along with her litter of kittens.

Don

12. Michael,

Good for you!

I volunteer at a no-kill cat shelter SafeHavenForCats and have a couple of the fuzz balls myself. They are great company and contrary to popular opinion, quite affectionate... AND very low maintenance :wink:

Great pets for old fuddy-duddies like myself.

13. Congratulations Michael on your new family member. She sure is cute.