1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Meet the Solito Family...

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Prettym1k3, Mar 21, 2011.

1. I've known the Solito family since I was born... literally. Jeremy had a daughter about two years ago, so his mom called me up to do a shoot with her, her son Jeremy, and Jeremy's adorable daughter.

Here's just a few from the shoot.

C&C welcome and requested.

MJP_8833+copy.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MJP_8913+copy.jpg

MJP_9057+copy.jpg

Untitled-2+copy-2.jpg

MJP_8961+copy.jpg

2. Been busy, Mike! :smile: Good for you! First off, I gotta say, great venue! Where is that? I think 1/2 the time, the venue can make/break the shots. This place looks so cool, it actually makes #1 and #3 that much better. They are all very nice, though.

3. Tony Ad

Tony Ad

May 20, 2008
    Fairfax Station, VA
    Tony Admana
    Nice set and I agree with ShaunK, it' looks like a great venue for pre-engagement photoshoot.

4. dx379

dx379

Jul 9, 2008
    Tulsa, OK
    Love love love #4. They had to love it, right?

5. ndimages

ndimages

May 19, 2010
    Novato
    I would suggest dropping the exposure down a little bit on 1 & 3. The whites are a little blown out. Great venue though. I have always enjoyed this scene.

6. Gosh, I'm looking at the images here and they all look soft and it's driving my eyes bonkers! They're all super sharp.

*Update. I'm an idiot. I had the clicked CTRL - + and zoomed in . LOL! I'm such a fool.*

Thanks for the critiques, guys.

Harvey, I was actually going for a little bit of a blown out highlight on these. Just trying something different. :biggrin:

7. I see you were trying to blow the highlights but they're almost distracting against the amazing background. Also, I love the 3 generations here but I think the poses impose "Family" as in husband/wife and baby. I would mix it up a bit to break that up (though I'm not sure how). haha.

8. Stacey, thanks for the advice.

Yeah, my posing was a tad off this day. My wife said the same thing. "Cute picture, but they look like they're together, instead of mom, son, and grand daughter."

If you can think of how to pose them and give me some ideas, I'd appreciate it. But man... I was at a loss for ideas, and this is as close as I could get without making them look "creepy" close. LOL.

9. Lol... sounds exactly like my wife. I come home with pics I love, and she goes, "Nice, but..." DOH! Anyways, for posing to make it look more like mother, son, grandaughter, on #2 you could have put mom over by son, so that it would look like a 3 generation thing. Another idea would be to have son holding daughter with mom looking on proudly from the side, part of the scene but not as closely attached. Just thinking out loud here for you. :smile:

10. That third picture, near the edge, made me clench my butt cheeks.
    A little too close for me .Yikes!

Nice location, nice set. :) 

11. Thanks Shaun! Good ideas! Keep spitballing! I appreciate the thoughts!

Anthony8858, normally I would never had done that, but this place is known for it's steps/planters, so I had to get at least one shot there. Plus, the little girl is super well behaved, and the mom and son are family friends of mine.

12. nextelbuddy

nextelbuddy

Jul 15, 2010
    atlanta
    awesome set. agree with the others about the family ideas. regarding the blown highlights one thing you could think about i suppose is setup a tripod and frame and expose for the subject first then remove them and expose for the sky and merge them together in PS. of course i never really think about doing that onsite until after its done and always tell myself to remember which i don't.

13. Yeah, I have thought about starting to do that, but I really prefer to do as little major photoshopping as possible. But I might have to revoke that soon here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.