Meeting a Baby Squirrel

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by EdMac, Jun 16, 2007.

1. A baby squirell came to visit my bird feeders today. He was very brave, and allowed me to take his picture. I didn't have a chance to get another lens, so I had to use the 17-55mm which was already on my D200. Comments welcome as always.:smile:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2007
  2. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    He's CUTE!

3. super shot! nice and sharp. 17-55???? Please dont tell me this is at 17mm ;~))

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Awwwwww Super image

Did you know he has 10 friends...lololol

I now have 9!!! eeeeekkkkkk

Came home from shootin all day today with Robin and Nancy and my bird feeder is EMPTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yikess my birdies are not to happy with me:>))))))

I told them I would be down in the morning to fill everything up:>)))))) (yeah when I drove up they let me know.. ya know they know who has the food..)

I love it

5. Hi Lisa,
    Thanks, he is too young to be really afraid. Of course that will change LOL:smile:

6. Hi Dave,
    No it was at 55 mm LOL:biggrin: Thanks for your comments.

7. Hi Gale,
    Yeah, I have met all ten of them. Up here they have little signs and they protest, when the food runs out LOL. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

8. Awwwww! He's a adorable! Let's see, last count in my yard was 4. And yep, when I let any of my feeders go empty, they definitely let me know it! Great shot!

9. Hi Dianne,
    Yes they are quite demanding. We usually have 5 or 6 around.:smile:

10. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    I've completely lost count. We have multiple walnut trees......billions and billions of squirrels. Much to the dismay of the schnauzers....

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lol
    Lisa

12. Hey, our squirrels must be related, because they eat from our feeders as well.

They are such funny animals to watch, our neighbour does everything he can to put them off, but still they manage to eat the food he puts out for the birds.

Pam

13. Ed,

if this is with your 17-55 - - - how much of a crop is it? If not the baby was seriously brave.

So cute

Lil

14. The baby was seriously brave. I was less than 3 feet away. It was strange to see a wild animal with very little fear. I guess it was just too young. I did crop a little, but not much.:smile:

15. Hi,
    They are everywhere. We have six or more all of the time LOL. :smile: