Meeting the baby goats

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by BostonRott, Apr 30, 2007.

1. We went to a working farm that is also open for public education. Had the place virtually to ourselves, which was wonderful for the photo ops! :smile:

Emilie loves every animal she meets and these baby goats (free ranging) were no different.

Unsuspecting prey enjoying a sun bath.

O boy, they didn't run away from me!
    View attachment 93277

An Emilie hug for the little ones.
    View attachment 93278

This has turned out to be one of my favorite shots of the day. I was trying to get a picture of the baby Nubian goat sleeping in the food dish. Just as I snapped the picture, I saw something intrude, and instantly my brain was like "Hey! Something's in the frame." Hehehehehee, it was Emilie, patting the goat saying "good girl!" In her world, all animals need reward based training, and all are female. :tongue:
    View attachment 93279

2. What a great post! Precious images.

3. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Great shots, #3 is really special. Looks like they would all make a great set in a frame on the wall. - Jeff

4. Thank you Dave and Jeff! It was a lot of fun to see her so enjoying the animals. :smile:

5. PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!! EVERY ONE OF EM! Yep they need to be in a set on the wall!

6. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    What you have captured is cuteness to the nth degree. Very adorable.

7. We have to go shopping tomorrow near both Walmart and Target. I'm going to see what they have for frames that hold 3 pics. Thanks for the great ideas, and the kind words. :smile:

8. Nice series Gretchen, had to laugh at #3. Looks too funny.

9. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Great shots. Very precious.

10. Love these, Gretchen. What cuties (Emilie and the baby goats).

11. Thank you Gentlemen, it was a fun day both taking the pictures, and also watching Emilie's joy. :smile: