Megan & Mum- Light advice please

Discussion in 'People' started by Firestorm_westy, May 7, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I know that this is nowhere near the results some of you guys get with your AB studio set-ups, but this is with a single bounced SB-600... (SB-800 on the way for a multiple set-up!)

[​IMG]

Other than adding a reflector to the rhs (as you look), what other advice would you give.

Thanks,

Paul

2. Why not try getting a softbox for your flash in addition to that reflector... and do a custom WB.. this one doesn't look right. When you get that second light, still get a reflector for fill and use the 600 for a hair light.

3. Great advice - Thanks... I will look into it

4. Sorry if this is a daft question, but is shooting through a brolley the same / similar to using a softbox?

Thanks

5. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    I'd also consider raising the key light such that the loop shadow created by the nose is 'hidden' or falls in the smile crease, but not so high that it touches the lip. Having the shadow fall directly on the cheek is distracting.

I also agree with Woody's suggestion of a softbox (or an umbrella at the least).

I do love the little one's expression and hair! Great eyes.

6. That is the sort of advice I am after. Thanks so much Scott, really useful!