Melissa Cassera

Discussion in 'People' started by frede, Jun 9, 2007.

1. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    From my shoot today with Model Melissa Cassera. Shot on the Princeton University campus. Melissa is a professional actress\model\dancer. She is also a lot of fun to shoot with. All comments welcome.

538121679_3f96f655c7_o.

2. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Very nice Fred. She is certainly a beautiful model.

The one thing that bothers me about this shot is the hardness of the ironwork which really contrasts with the softness of the light and her skin tones. Just my opinion of coarse.

Kind regards,

3. What kind of lighting did you use? It looks so natural that if I didn't know better, I'd think it was all natural light...or maybe it is all natural light?

It's a very very nice shot. She certainly looks comfortable in front of the camera.

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Very well executed. I love everything about it...especially the way the lighting (which I think is the sun) is hitting the back of her head.

I truly think it's a good shot.

5. Beautiful model Fred. I like your use of fill from the front and the nice sunlight to highlight her hair. I do think that the hand/arm takes a little too much prominance becuase of its lightness but still think it is a great shot.

6. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Great shot and perfect light. I'd fix the slight tilt.

7. Looking good Fred!! Very pretty model as well.

8. i agree with tom. without the iron it would be perfect

9. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks everyone. Your comments are very helpful - I actually have a shot without the iron and it does look MUCH better.

On the lighting question - I had a 42" white reflector at my feet pointing up at the subject.

P.S. Sorry to bring this old thread back :redface:

10. I have a reflector as well, but I haven't used it for outdoor shoots. How do you support it? Do you use it with a stand, or just lay it on the ground??? When I've used it indoors, I used a cheapy light stand, with a reflector attachment, and that seemed to work well. I don't know how well that would work outside on a windy day though.

11. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I use an inexpensive light stand, with a reflector attachment, but I also bring along an AB heavy duty stand in case the wind kicks up. All three items fit into a carry bag, which is not too bad to carry around. The 42" reflector itself folds to 13". I put the reflector in it's bag and I clip it to my backpack, so I do have a free hand while walking. When we arrive at a location that requires a bounce, I'll try to prop it on whatever is around, or I'll try to prop it on my camera bag. If this is unsuccessful, I break out the lightweight stand, and then the HD if needed. Too much wind and even the HD stand will not hold up.

12. Cool...thanks! I'll have to start bringing my reflector with me on shoots, and really LEARN how to use it.