Melissa

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
  2. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Terri,
    The second is maybe a bit too posed looking, but the first is really great!! Nice and natural portrait of a beautiful young lady. Your lighting is excellent too.

I think I would like the third photo better if the skin tone of the arms was close to the tone of her face. You might try selecting her arms with the marquee tool and doing a levels adjustment to darken them slightly.....unless of course you like them just the way they are!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  3. Nice Terri. My pick is #1. Good job on the conversion. LIke Stuart said in #3 it would probably look better if the arms were closer in tone to the face. I think it would be my favorite of the 3 they did.

4. Igor

Igor

May 15, 2005
    Ukraine, Europe
    That's a good set for a beginner, well done Terry.
    #1 is very good.
    #2 would benefit from tighter crop at the bottom as the "fur" the model elbows are resting on look quite odd here IMHO. BTW I like the pose on #2, the hands are very nice as is the smile.
    #3 doesn't work for me at all, sorry.

5. Terri, good shots! #1 would be my pick also. Like the light and her look in it.

6. Terri............ has to be #1 for me............ a great image!

G

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Terri I like the second one better. However, your subject should be wearing black so that it doesn't clash with your beautiful throw. JMHO.

8. genera

genera

Oct 6, 2005
    California
    Terri,

You've captured her eyes so well in all three that it's hard to move beyond them.

But I have . . .

The second does look posed, but it's a great pose. I love it. My only suggestions are to try either a square crop from the top down to the middle of the "V" on her shirt or a 4:5 crop by balancing the right side with the left and then cutting just above the throw.

On the third there's something in her hair just above the part. I didn't notice it at first but, now that I have I wonder . . . do you have a rabbit? :eek:

9. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

hmmm. I like #3 really, maybe a bit more contrast.

10. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    I have to go with the consensus. Let me just add that #1 is very good! You are doing well with your lighting, Terri.

11. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    My thoughts exactly. #1 would be my fav and the others look great as well. As mentioned earlier, great job on the conversion.

12. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I love #1, that's just a really great shot. Everything about it just works. #2 the pose is a little too contrived for my tastes.

13. Terri, I love #1...very nice natural light...

#2, perfect exposure and processing, but a little too posed for me.

#3...agree with Stu about the skin tones...but I think if you convert to B+W, it might give a whole different feel...

14. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks for all the suggestions.....

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread. I've been really busy with the family! I want to thank you all for your great suggestions. I'm going to work on some more photos of her and will use the feedback I got here to help me improve. I think you folks are great for giving me honest and helpful ideas. Thank you all so much.

15. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Terry, you have a beautiful daughter and I think the first two images capture that very well. Not so keen on the third one - just a personal preference really.

16. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho

Thank you. I think there is a concensus here about the third one being not so good. I guess it is out then!:biggrin:

17. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Well, if you and your daughter like it, then keep it in :smile:

18. You are really doing well with your lighting Terri. My favorite of the series is #1, you have done a good job on the conversion.