Melissa's botanical garden pix...get your flower fix here!

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by sommer, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Melissa took dozens of photos at the botanical gardens and got some nice shots. I so enjoy seeing things from her perspective. I hope she'll continue to love photography as she gets older. She photographed most of the signs in the park, I think, so those who are interested in the history of the dogwood tree can read about it here :biggrin:! Anyway, here are some of her favorites:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Beautiful!

I like this series very much, and think the daisy is especially nice and sharp!

We enjoyed meeting and talking with you and your family, Sommer. Thanks for the campfire invite, it was wonderful.

3. Looks like Melissa has inherited her mom's good eye for composition and putting together beautiful images! These are very nice, indeed!

4. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    That first one looks like one of mine. Great minds think alike!!

5. WOW, Melissa what beautiful photos you have! Mariam, Jimmy, and joshua are looking forward to seeing you in June!

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Melissa,
    Your shots of all the flowers are beautiful! We can't wait to see you again next year! I'm already wanting s'mores again!

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wow Melissa, you sure captured the beauty of the gardens. Your flowers are so beautiful, we can almost smell them through the monitor.

8. These are great! And how old is Melissa?

9. Geej

Geej

Aug 11, 2005
    Northern Colorado
    Melissa - These are all just beautiful photos!!! I especially like the first one with the different colors and variety of flowers. Thank you for the history on that beautiful Dogwood tree, I had no idea it had been moved to that location.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful wonderful images
    So glad she got the history of that fabulous Doogwood tree.
    Those pansys are just a gorgeous image

11. Brian, Melissa is 8 years old (as of the end of January.) I sometimes envy her eye for composition...she often gets far more interesting photos than I do :smile:!

Thanks for your kind comments, everyone...I'm passing all of them on!

12. Wow! Keep encouraging her, she's a natural.

13. Wow, she did a superb job on these - keep your lenses locked up, Sommer!!! :biggrin:

14. Yea, a shot of the Dogwood tag

I never noticed this, tell her many thanks. I had a lot of fun watching your family in action. Sorry I missed the campfire, but I am not a great night driver. Next year I won't be so shy and hitch a ride.

15. Great job, Melissa! These are beautiful. :smile: