Melissa's safari pix (and one from Cades Cove)

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
We had so much fun on the safari...I can't even tell you what a great time it was! I'm very glad we stayed to do it this year. One of these days I'll get around to processing my photos, but for now here are Melissa's...hers are so much easier to post!

Leigh wasn't joking when she said the animals come right into your car!

140989117-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This was my favorite goat in the park...I love its coloring, and though I didn't get a single photo of it, my girl did!

140989128-L.jpg

Up close and personal, even!

140989120-L.jpg

This was a nice guy who didn't do too much damage to our car as he, errrr, rammed into it trying to pick up corn off the road :biggrin:

140991557-L.jpg

You can see me smiling in the rearview mirror here...that was after I finished screaming when this guy came straight at me (and after Paul pointed out that he couldn't fit through the window, unlike the nightmare-inducing emus.)

140989135-L.jpg

And a self-portrait by the young photographer (yep, we're still waiting for those braces to do their job :wink:)

140989109-L.jpg

And one last one...this one she took at Cades Cove, where we stopped on the way down south. I call this "exhausted mom and dad," lol! We were about 3/4 of the way through an 11-mile bike ride when we stopped for a rest and Melissa took some photos. The ride was much more challenging than I'd imagined, with lots of steep hills and high altitude, and we were met with temps in the low 90's after leaving home with a high of 46 the previous day...all in all it made for a heck of a ride, but it was a lot of fun and I'd love to do it again.

140988980-L.jpg

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Your daughter took some really great images! It was so good to see you and your family again! sorry I ran out of energy before the campground trip again.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Great series Sommer. Tell Melissa that I enjoy every one of them very much.

Excellent shots by a future member Sommer! It was great to meet you, Paul and Melissa. Too bad I missed the s'mores, I had been looking forward to those. The killer was a "quick dinner" at Landry's - Yeah, Right!!!
I hope to catch up with you next year.

Great pics
Awww the animals. How sweet.
I might have taken one home..lololol
A horse in stripped PJ's lolol

This is a very nice set of images, Melissa. It is great to see that you have a wonderful talent for composing your pictures. I'll be watching for more in the future.

Latest threads

Top Bottom