Memorial Day in W. Mass

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by ZBaum, May 28, 2007.

1. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Similarly to BostonRott, I live in a small town in Massachusetts (population ~5,300). Each year we have our Memorial Day parade, and this was the first year that I've been able to attend since I got into photography. Hopefully, I did this day justice. All taken with my D70 and 135mm f/2 DC, mostly at f/2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking, and I look forward to your comments and feedback.

2. VERY nice!!! I really love the DOF control in the 2nd to last one!

I shot with the 18-70, and wished I'd had either the 85/1.8 or the 28-70/2.8 with me for better DOF control. :redface:

3. Excellent, love the last picture.

4. hirez_pez

hirez_pez Guest

All your pics were great but I especially liked that last one.
    Great work!

5. Hi,
    You did it well. I like the use of B&W with the young fellow at the gravesite.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice images

7. Very nice set. I also like the last one very much.

8. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Thanks everyone! This thread sank to another page, and I hadn't even realized that people had rediscovered it :smile:. It's nice to get some more feedback on these photos.