Memorial Day parade in a small New England town

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by BostonRott, May 28, 2007.

1. I went out today to work on my "street shooting." Not sure this really counts, as I basically stayed in the same area shooting all the events/people around me. :tongue:

This is our town's Memorial Day parade and Remembrance. It was VERY nicely done on a humid, buggy morning.

Waiting to get started

In they come, this is the Revolutionary war contingent
    View attachment 98025

View attachment 98026

View attachment 98027

View attachment 98028

Salute to the dead
    View attachment 98029

View attachment 98030

Afterwards, they gave out ice cream to the kids.
    View attachment 98031

2. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Nice shots Gretchen. Nothing like small New England towns :smile:. Is the last one your child?

3. Gretchen,

With respect, I think #2 are American Civil War, not revolutionary war. The uniforms and weapons are more mid 19th century.

Nice shots.

4. Agreed, they are a breed their own! :smile:

Yes, that's Emilie. :smile:

5. No offense taken Mark! I'm admittedly the World's worst history person. I thought someone behind me said something about the "Revolutionary war" group, and that's where I took it from. You are most likely correct. I defer! :smile:

6. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Nice shots. The last one is remarkable. Small child enjoying ice cream with the crosses and flags in the background. Great concept. I can not help but wonder what the view might have been a little to the left so we didn't see that car in the background....just the kid, crosses, flags & trees.

All the shots are very nice and have a certain resemblance to what I saw yesterday in little ol' Green Bay :)

7. Thank you Randy!

I was originally shooting with more view to the left, but then a group planted themselves and was chatting. Had to shift view to get them out. :frown: The car is at a stop sign, so they came/went as I shot (this is a tiny triangle of land, the crosses/flags are a temporary set-up around Memorial Day).

8. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Ah...never fails. I see that is your little Emelie....what a cutie.